Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Human Resources Project Manager (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 694560BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our
movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your
chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around
The role will be responsible for managing multiple projects leveraging the Global HR Operations
Process & Integration team. Projects will be delivered for the enterprise across the globe and
will include working with clients, Senior Leaders, HR COE’s, along with the operations
leadership team. This individual will manage entire project lifecycle and will identify,
communicate and facilitate opportunities to integrate work across the Global HR Operations.
They will ensure that the project team meets its overall objectives, budgets and timelines.
- Develop and manage project work processes such as project planning, issue management, knowledge management and documentation, meeting structure, budget, milestone tracking and reporting etc.
- Create a way to identify, lead and manage project interdependencies
- Partner with HR leaders and finance partners to identify where potential savings might exist and create visibility to them
- Identify where processes and technology solutions can improve productivity and quality
- Assess and recommend resources needed to meet work plan requirements
- Develops strategic recommendations on project approach, timing, priorities and deliverables where appropriate
- Develops change management strategies for the various project implementation components in partnership with other functions such as the HRBP COP.
- Manage scope and budget
- Enable interactive communication among project leadership and work stream leaders.
- Lead process mapping work required to optimize HR work streams
- Identify the key risks of the program and advocate contingency plans
- Prepare project updates and summarize work plan status updates
- Highlight and monitor key issues to project leadership
- Support project participants – integrate and leverage resources where possible and define gaps and mitigation strategies where necessary
- Articulates and champion the Global HR Operations strategy
- Acts as a change agent for process initiatives.
- Leverages technology to drive scale and process consistency.
- Ensures process integration between Global HR Operations and COE/Segment HR organizations.
- Own and coordinate the project governance process
- Maintain master project plan (consolidate individual work stream work plans to ensure they are in synch)
- Experience managing unusually complex projects and providing project methodology and integration expertise
- Solid knowledge of tools, processes and resources needed to support integrated global innovation initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative processes and tools to support business objectives
- Adaptable, flexible, well organized, detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, and ability to identify and utilize metrics tied to project value. Demonstrated ability to lead the development of a strong business case
- Strong ability to identify inclusive processes and solutions
- Track record of successful partnerships with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with the ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to achieve required goals
- Effective ability to mentor, lead, influence and motivate partners, peers and team members
- Exceptional strategic-thinking, issue-framing and analytical ability
- Conceptualize creative, customized solutions for complex businesses through intake analysis, prioritization and delivery planning
- An effective communicator with all levels of the organization, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong financial skills, such as budgeting, financial management, financial analysis, an understanding of cost accounting and cash management and banking
Required EducationBachelor’s degree and relevant experience
Preferred EducationProject Management Certification preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.