Sr. Manager, HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711259BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
In this role, the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner contributes to and leads execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of International Corporate functional groups (Finance, Technology, and Legal). Client base is located in EMEA, APAC and LATAM. The Senior Manager will lead and facilitate all HR services for the client groups she or he supports through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners in the regions. The Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution. The Senior Manager will partner closely with local HR teams.
- Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
- Works with regional and country specific HR leaders to support the coaching of business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Develop and partner with regional HR partners to execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Collaborates with talent acquisition partners and local HR partners to acquire and retain top talent and build talent pipeline for future needs.
- Collaborates with all HR specialty partners to deliver on HR strategies in support of business objectives (Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Learning, Diversity and Inclusion, Talent Acquisition).
- Actively engages with local HR partners, and builds strong knowledge of the corporate segment international landscape.
- Uses understanding of regional cultures and local practices, to facilitate various HR and business processes.
- Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with a team of global HR professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Practical approach to problem solving; work effectively in a complex environment requiring engagement and alignment with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
- Ability to build strong relationships with HR specialty partners and clients around the global, and demonstrate strong communication skills and work effectively in a predominantly virtual work environment.
- Able to flex work hours to connect with partners and clients on EMEA, LATAM and APAC times zones.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Ability to partner effectively with local HR partners and support clients in effectively making compliant business decisions.
- Experience in a global HR role, a plus.
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Preferred EducationMBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.