Sr. Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 767441BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 07, 2020
In this role, the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner contributes to and leads execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of client groups. The Senior Manager will lead and facilitate all HR services for the client group she or he supports through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Plan and lead organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Coach business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Plan and facilitate work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Collaborate with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
- Use understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management. Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garner respect, act with integrity, keep commitments); proactive (have a point of view, challenge assumptions, take initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (build relationships, deliver results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Possess both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Preferred EducationMBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.