Sr Manager, HR Production WestApply NowApply Later Job ID 788159BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
- Serve as a trusted advisor, coach and consultant to senior production and business leaders and crew members on Disney, Lucasfilm, Marvel and 20th Century Studio live-action productions.
- Continuously develop and maintain an intimate understanding of production and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization
- Coach production leaders and business leaders on HR policies and processes
- Embrace and integrate inclusion and diversity into business and production strategies, nurturing an environment that is open-minded and that embodies the Disney values
- Proactively assess production performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach
- Identify and analyze trends related to recurring issues and recommend strategies to help resolve the issue
- Responsible for promoting and enabling a fair and inclusive workplace that safeguards the company’s employment brand by ensuring that employee and company interests are handled in a fair and consistent manner
- This individual will provide support and guidance for productions in the US and Canada as well as other locations throughout the pacific region.
- Identify, and recruit talent to meet the needs of the business and create a diverse workforce
- Develop and execute recruitment plans in collaboration with production leaders, business leaders and external community partners with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining diverse early career talent and building a pipeline for future needs
- Demonstrate ability to attract, influence and hire diverse talent by understanding production specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related work experience
- 6+ years of proven experience working as a Human Resources Manager / Business Partner
- Experience of dealing with Unions/ Guilds would be advantageous
- Knowledge of a production environment is beneficial
- Creative and strategic problem-solving skills
- High degree of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion
- Ability to execute against multiple high priority projects through exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong verbal and consultative skills; able to consult with leadership and HR partners across multiple businesses
- Strong ability to influence and respond to questions from various groups of key stakeholders, including executives and legal teams
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
- Proven experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without authority” role working as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Able to work independently
- Desire to continue development of production industry knowledge
- Flexibility with schedule to connect with teams in various time zones
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.