Sr. Manager, Incident Response
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 684245BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 25/06/2019
Job Summary:The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
The GIS Incident Response team is responsible for tracking, executing and/or ensuring all actions required for responding to any network security threat (direct or indirect) against the company is conducted timely and effectively. This is accomplished in accordance with established procedures, through key collaboration and communication with company business partners enterprise wide, and interfacing with law enforcement agencies, as needed.
- Oversee the team dynamic and relations that would allow for an effective and enjoyable work environment that’s conducive to building team cohesion and partnerships required for an high performing incident response team
- Manage, drive and report on Incident trends both internal and external in order to identify potential issues (systemic or otherwise) requiring corrective actions
- Build and sustain partnership with security stakeholders to maintain a collaborative environment
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to less experienced Incident Responders and managers.
- Support the process of searching, locating, and securing data with the intent to use it as evidence for legal cases. Collected data is filtered, processed and reviewed for relevance.
- Lead and manage the investigation and analysis to determine TWDC susceptibility to new or emerging cyber threats
- Provide support or guidance to the Awareness Team with improving or developing TWDC Security Training material as it relates to user awareness on issues
- Enable information security awareness by incorporating lessons learned into current information security requirements
Basic Qualifications:Skills / Specialized Knowledge/ Competencies
- Ability to break down and communicate technically complex security situations and impacts for a non-technical audience
- Strong understanding and experience in information security and IT domains (networking, application, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Strong understanding of information security risks and attacker methodologies
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, standards, practices and technologies
- Good understanding of industry and regulatory and compliance reporting requirements (i.e.GDPR, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to coordinate efforts across an organization to remediate Cyber security threats
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.