Sr Manager, Marketing & New MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738992BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, stretching from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013’s Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. At Walt Disney Animation Studios’ top filmmakers, artists and technical wizards collaborate to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
The Sr. Manager Marketing and New Media works closely with internal Walt Disney Animation Studios productions and external cross-company partners to manage all incoming AV marketing needs and requests related to new WDAS releases in support of their theatrical, in-home and Disney + debut. The role will also execute marketing strategy for Alternative Content and new media projects for Walt Disney Animation Studios, including: Disney+ content, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality experiences and theatrical/experimental short films. Additionally, the Sr. Manager will shepherd the development of new materials (through the WDAS pipeline) as requested by Disney Marketing and Franchise Teams around the world, including custom animation for 3rd party partners and toolkits. They will lead the development of custom animation for 3rd party promotional partners and licensees from beginning to end through the production pipeline and spearheads communication with all stakeholders (including Studio Global Promotions, DPEP, External Partners and Filmmakers) to ensure alignment on timelines, creative and technical deliverables.
- Actively manages the processes and day to day communication between Filmmakers and Studio Marketing related to all AV marketing asset production and deliveries to global marketing teams.
- Manages the development of marketing tool kit through the WDAS pipeline and serves as the liaison between Filmmakers and Studio Creative Content to ensure creative alignment and successful deliveries.
- Serves as Marketing Lead and identifies partnership opportunities for AR/VR projects in conjunction with the Technology and Innovation Group (TIG) and develop global distribution plans to ensure broad market exposure.
- Engages Theatrical Marketing, Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) groups to collaborate on next-gen marketing projects including AR and VR for WDAS theatrical titles.
- Collaborates with Disney+ team to identify, create and report analytical insights for WDAS alternative content to key WDAS stakeholders.
- Partners with the VP of Worldwide Marketing & Franchise, SVP of Alternative Content and WDAS Filmmakers to identify and communicate alternative content strategy to Disney cross-line of business partners
- Manages internal creative marketing development and partnership management for trailers, TV spots, toolkit, creative print, digital/social and bonus content in connection with WDAS alternative content projects at the direction of the WDAS film marketing lead.
- Manages creative reviews and approvals of incoming AV materials (including 3rd party promo spots, licensing TVC’s, music content and international trailers) from Global Marketing Teams, DPEP and DMG to ensure creative is aligned with the storytelling of our films and all efforts tie into the larger Studio Marketing Campaigns.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the WDAS production pipeline to trouble shoot and recommend solutions to ensure marketing needs are met.
- Provides creative direction as needed to enhance and improve custom animation and tool kit working closely with Filmmakers.
- Actively facilitates clear communication of technical delivery specifications of AV marketing assets to internal productions and external partners, to ensure deliveries are successful.
- Manages asset tracking documents and updates internal status docs for tool kit and custom animation creation.
- Evaluates projects with WDAS Marketing team to ensure brand/characters/world is used in the appropriate way and brainstorms creative solutions for concepts that fall out of scope.
- Proactively engages and maintains productive, positive relationships with key partners across TWDC (including Studio Marketing, Publicity, Franchise Management, DTCI, DPEP, TIG, In-Home, Parks and Resorts, and Media Networks) to optimize promotional opportunities for alternative content, AR/VR and theatrical/experimental short films.
- Partners with WDAS Publicity to create written materials and develop social media strategy for alternative content projects, AR/VR and theatrical/experimental short films.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.