Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Media AnalyticsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708501BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 01, 2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Senior Manager, Media Analytics for the Walt Disney Studios Marketing Team will develop and guide strategic insights in the planning and execution of data driven performance marketing. This candidate should have a strong core in digital plan development & analytics. They are a team player and will work closely with the VP of Media and other team members on assigned titles/projects and managing agency relationships. This position will also partner closely with the VP and Director of Digital Analytics, Marketing Science teams as well as broader Media team, Research, Digital Marketing, In-Home Product & Marketing teams and our partners across other Disney business segments.
- Partner with the In-Home Media team to develop performance driven media strategies and key insights
- Work with the Marketing Analytics team on bid, auction, pacing optimizations and performance marketing strategies across all Walt Disney Studios In-Home campaigns
- Develop testing capabilities including test structures, deployment and analysis across In-Home campaigns
- Manage plans via data driven platforms like Google Campaign Manager, Google Adwords, Google DV360, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat
- Identify testing opportunities and develop timelines/roadmaps to activate and evaluate goals
- Maintain a working knowledge of media technology, buying platforms and analytics tools
- Evaluate potential partners and work through case studies with Digital Analytics and Marketing Science teams for potential closed loop opportunities
- Analyze consumer behavior and trends to devise strategies that address the rapidly changing marketplace
- Must possess a talent for multi-tasking while managing several titles at different stages of a campaign
- Present forward thinking, data-driven media recommendations that drive the business forward
- Identify and develop opportunities to leverage 1st party data and potential close loop attribution
- Effectively guide our advertising agency to deliver plans on extremely tight deadlines
- Work seamlessly with internal teams to ensure plans are completed and creative is delivered on time
- Monitor plan daily and have an ability to pivot quickly to last minute changes
- Able to work in fast paced environment and attention to detail is critical throughout the entire campaign
- Ability to analyze plans daily/weekly and bring forth actionable insights
- Meet with vendors to stay on top of new ad products and share learnings with team members
- Review media schedules, post analysis and digital analytics to develop key learnings that can be applied to pfuture titles
- 6+ years relevant experience, strong digital background preferred
- Outstanding communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong media planning and buying skills coupled with and an innate curiosity that can drive the business forward
- Demonstrated ability as a collaborative team player who can inspires others to develop and execute big ideas
- Ability to navigate potentially challenging situations and promote positive outcomes
- Confidence to carry a strong opinion yet flexible enough to change as priorities shift
- Creative mindset that challenges the status quo and pushes innovation beyond traditional media opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.