Sr Manager, Product DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 662243BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 26, 2019
Job Summary:The Sr. Manager will develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders at all levels and guide product development toward the delivery of integrated, efficient, and intuitive business systems.
Responsibilities:The Sr. Manager will serve as product owner and must have deep experience designing, implementing and supporting applications and services, to protect our Content. The Content is high-value assets associated with the film making processes. He or she will bring that experience to bear, as well as build a deep understanding of current and future technologies associated with the Studio businesses they support; they will be seen as an expert by Studio Technology and business partners alike.
He or she will identify current and future business needs and determine how best to meet those needs. This includes working with the business and the technology teams to gather requirements for new solutions, working with UX specialists to define intuitive solutions, understanding business processes, and systems and staying abreast of current trends in the marketplace.
- Lead a Product team that manages the Asset Management system portfolio for the Walt Disney Studios.
- In close partnership with the business stakeholders, develop the product vision and product roadmap, forecast and manage project costs, and drive product performance against key KPI’s
- Define product features, capture epics, user stories, and tasks using defined processes and tools
- Support senior management and project management to drive change as required based on new business processes and business functions working with Studio business leadership
- Maintain and communicate project status in the domain of responsibility, as required for technology stakeholders and business stakeholders
- Work across the organization and with enterprise architects to ensure successful system integrations
- Build and maintain productive relationships with partners from other segments within the Walt Disney Company, external vendors and other services
- Build and maintain product relationship with key strategic vendors who support the Walt Disney company film production and Asset Management processes
- Develop success KPIs and measure the impact of developed solutions against those KPIs
- Follow defined knowledge management practices as part of story definition and product owner execution activity
- Articulate how new system features align with the reference business architecture, line of business and studio technology strategy
- Define and measure KPIs that support project business case(s) and recurring spend
- Knowledge of Asset Management best practices and processes
- Knowledge of intellectual property/rights management in a large media and entertainment enterprise
- 7+ yrs of experience performing business analysis within a large enterprise covering both business and information technology domains
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- 5+ yrs of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology
- Certified Agile Product Owner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience dealing with key strategic vendors to ensure The Walt Disney company applications and/or services are managed to the highest standard
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong partnering skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Proven ability to meet project milestones and customer expectation
- Proven ability and success working in a global environment
- Evidence of continuous growth and increasing responsibilities in previous positions
- Excellent project management skills, resource and timeline management, risk assessment, contingency planning and ability to work with external contractors and consultant
- Ability to communicate with all levels of organization (End Users - Sr. Executive Level) and team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and translate business requirements as required
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- A sense of ownership and responsibility for deliver
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.