Sr. Manager, Product Management (Marvel)
Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781504BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
Job Summary:The Product & Design team is responsible for design and product management for a variety of digital properties spanning Sports, News, Entertainment and Branded experiences within the DMED segment. Every day we strive to deliver amazing experiences on apps and web that surprise and delight Disney guests. Within the Product and Design team is a group that manages app and web properties for our biggest brands – the Fan and Branded team.
The Fan and Branded team leads strategy and initiatives for Star Wars, Disney, Avatar, 20th Century Studios and Marvel on web and app platforms. While some team members may work on specific brands, this is a highly collaborative and interdependent group that plans and works together to build products and features that address common needs across web and app platforms.
The Senior Manager, Product Management will be primarily responsible for managing the Marvel portfolio, driving strategy and day to day development of a suite of apps and websites. This person will have close engagement with the Marvel business and marketing teams, serving as the main point of contact for this famed brand. In addition, this person will
be responsible for tracking and reporting on key KPIs, continuously driving the team to deliver on business imperatives using data-driven decisions and iterating on products through testing.
This person will also be responsible for supporting other related fan & branded apps such as the Star Wars app and guiding strategy and resource decisions that encourage development efficiencies across brands and platforms.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the comics and layered storytelling of the Marvel brand as well as an understanding of direct-to-consumer products, current technology for app and web and a strong work ethic to satisfy the needs of a blockbuster franchise. This candidate must also be highly skilled at written and verbal communication and comfortable presenting to senior executives within DMED Technology and Marvel Entertainment. As a lead on the Product team, this person will mentor and develop junior team members along with the responsibilities managing direct reports. Flexibility and responsiveness to changing strategies and business needs, driven by industry changes outside of and within The Walt Disney Company is also a necessity.
- Sets overall strategy for digital products, delivering fantastic user experiences that meet and exceed business goals
- Manages Agile processes including Sprint Planning, Retros, Standups and Demos
- Lead team of product managers, working closely with design, front end and backend engineers, programming & QA to deliver on business priorities on time and to the highest quality
- Identifies new technologies, strategies and needs to proactively drive iteration & feature development
- Development of decks, status reports, roadmaps and other communication tools to document and express needs, issues and high priority releases
- 8-10 years of digital product management with experience leading teams
- Expertise in web and app technology, best practices and current trends
- Ability to access and interpret BI and other data to drive decisions. Familiarity with Google Analytics Adobe Analytics Suite, Tableau, user testing and other BI reporting tools
- Expertise in JIRA and other product management tools such as Confluence
- Organizational savvy to work across multiple teams and manage through influence
- Empathetic manager who actively embodies diverse & inclusive leadership in hiring, developing and promoting talent
- Excellent communicator who can tailor messages for various stakeholders to gain buy in and drive important initiatives
- Proactive lead who identifies issues before they affect timelines or morale
- Ability to adapt to highly dynamic working conditions, approaching hurdles with and opportunistic and positive outlook
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.