Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Manager, Program Management & DeliveryApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712882BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Business Operations team, and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of operating standards and processes that will connect cross-functional workstreams, across multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. This position is the focal point for establishing, maintaining, and continuously improving scalable, global program and project management processes, tools, and techniques. Rooted in our mission to provide “just enough” process rigor while ensuring visibility to program progress and risks, the successful candidate will expertly strike a balance between holding back to allow teams to perform and diving in where necessary to drive results.
The role will work across the Disney Streaming business group, partnering closely with the EPM function; our international business teams; and the Content and Marketing teams, working in conjunction with peers, executives, and other PMOs.You will lead launch process activities globally through a team of regional project managers to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment.You will identify business operations process requirements, establish operational best practices and standards, and design and implement efficient, scalable, cost effective business processes. You will execute through expert knowledge of business process operations generally, deep knowledge & experience with direct-to-consumer service launches, DSS execution strategy, maketing operations, and outstanding internal relationships.
You are a program management expert.You will be highly collaborative, engaging key stakeholders, and working to constantly review and iterate on the supporting business processes as we scale the business through launch, growth & mature phases.
- Support the development of an effective methodology for tracking multiple workstreams.
- Contribute to the creation and accurate maintenance of the Disney+ launch plans. The technology and product development workstream within DSS is one of several workstreams that need to be aggregated into a coherent overall activity schedule.
- Lead at team of 3 – 4 project managers in the creation and execution of global launch plans.
- Serve as the focal point for the PMO in development of scalable program management processes and tools and refine existing business processes that support scalable launch and sustainment.
- Define a measurement framework that will illustrate progress toward business operational goals (Business Operations KPIs)
- Support decision-making and issue resolution by quickly performing research activities and developing visual models to clearly articulate the possible impact of decisions. Build a uniform, shared understanding of complex problems across the DSS and Disney organizations through visual modelling.
- Own and maintain the business operations lexicon and drive communication standards toward shared understanding of business terms.
- Capture and contribute operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drive resolution or escalations as required.
- Contribute to effective, timely and regular executive reporting
- Implement tools & workflow protocols for collaboration between individual workstreams within Disney and Disney Streaming Services.
- 10 years of business analysis, programme & project management in a large corporate environment
- Global / International experience preferred
- Direct-to-consumer experience required, streaming service experience preferred
- Experience in a senior management-facing role preferred
- Experience leading technology and marketing teams
- Proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Deep affinity with Disney content, brands, and IP and familiarity with the content production and distribution process.
- Strong ability to articulate complex processes using standard presentation tools and visual modelling techniques.
- Tools expert including Atlassian Suite and desktop tools: Keynote, Powerpoint, and Google Slides.
- Recognized as having a high potential for growth and leadership
- Experienced delivering business improvement through process re-engineering.
- Leverages expert knowledge to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitates development of complex solutions
- Possesses excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrated tenacity, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of program management processes and methodologies
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.