Sr Manager, Program Management (Streaming media, Apps)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 708502BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 01/10/2019
Job Summary:The Program Management team for Consumer Product Development is focused on delivery of a diverse portfolio of digital products for Disney’s Direct to Consumer & International segment. Our product portfolio consists of TVE/streaming media, games, interactive experiences, news, and editorial products across diverse Disney brands including ABC, ABC News, DisneyNOW, ESPN, Freeform, Fox/FX, Lucasfilm, Marvel, and National Geographic. Our products are global in nature and are developed both domestically and internationally across a broad digital ecosystem that includes mobile, web, and OTT devices. For those that love project management with a focus on delivering consumer facing digital products, it’s an exciting place to be.
Within the Consumer Product Development Program Management organization, the Senior Manager, Program Management position will be responsible for the program management of key initiatives for Entertainment Product Development. The products that fall into this area include TVE/streaming media offerings for ABC TV, Fox/FX, Freeform, and NatGeo. This position requires proven experience with program and portfolio management (including prioritizing, scheduling, budgeting and resourcing multiple projects and cross-functional teams) as well as a strong familiarity with digital media. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work on concurrent complex implementations across matrixed teams both inside and outside the Direct-To-Consumer-International (DTCI) Technology department. They must be capable of clearly communicating schedules, risks, issues, and processes to a variety of business, creative, and technical audiences.
- Works with senior leadership, stakeholders, partners and delivery teams to track and maintain a program-level view of initiatives
- Develops delivery plans of complex projects and programs
- Ensures key roles and responsibilities are defined and holds functional managers accountable for their teams’ deliverables
- Identifies and manages program-level issues and risks and drives decision making and escalations
- Communicates program and roadmap status and schedule updates
- Manages and mentors a small team of Program Managers
- A minimum of 9 years of digital program management, software application development or related experience
- Demonstrated management experience
- Demonstrated ability to define at scale a structure for efficient delivery of complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to drive initiatives forward to completion through collaboration and consensus across functional areas
- Must be capable of managing, tracking and troubleshooting multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with cross-functional teams, vendors and partners
- Self-starter that can autonomously drive multiple work streams inter-departmentally
- Ability to develop program schedules, communicate deadlines, and enforce budgets and project milestones
- Proficient in use of project management and documentation tools
- High tolerance for ambiguity and working in a matrixed organization
- Able to analyze scheduling, budgetary and resourcing data to develop contingency and risk mitigation plans
- Agile experience
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in the media industry is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.