Sr Manager, Program ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636538BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role will support the SVP, Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) in effectively managing the business operations of the organization, including project portfolio management, project budgeting and forecasting, headcount management, project management, the coordination and communication of various organizational priorities, strategic executive level presentations, and active involvement in the strategic planning processes.
This position will ensure that Enterprise Infrastructure Services aligns and deploys its resources in support of the organization’s strategy, including a portfolio of process improvement and business change programs. In addition, this role will lead and manage several of the organization’s high priority initiatives to enhance and ensure accountability to commitments, efficiency in spending and staffing management, and measurement for effectiveness, quality, maturity, and continuous improvement. This position will have a high degree of responsibility of understanding, articulating, and developing executive presentations and strategic materials for technology road-mapping, strategy articulation, and execution of projects and initiatives coming out of those strategic priorities.
- Partner with SVP, EIS on key projects by driving and monitoring work plans, and playing a key role in management of these projects.
- In alignment with the Enterprise Technology Project Management Office, champion the use of a formal Enterprise Technology Project and Portfolio Management toolkit to consistently plan, track, and report on projects.
- Oversee the development of project business cases and schedules ensuring appropriate controls are in place to monitor and assess changes and impact
- Develop detailed metrics and cost analysis and provide regular reports on project execution to the key leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Communicate project status report to key clients, stakeholders, and management including cost vs budget, variances, project risks, etc
- Establish a communication process that incorporates issue tracking, escalation, and resolution
- Develop executive level presentations articulating strategic initiatives
Project Portfolio Oversight
- Maintain and monitor the EIS organization’s portfolio of projects, and ensure alignment to Enterprise Technology Service Portfolio
- Provide project portfolio background as input into the 5YP and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) processes
- Provide day-to-day oversight and support for use of the project management tool and other business management toolsets to broader organization
- Responsible for all financial budgeting, allocations, forecasts, and required submissions in coordination with department operational teams and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) partners
- Manage the 5YP & AOP cycles with leadership, FP&A, and Controllership, including coordination and facilitation of financial forecasting and submissions
- Coordinate with department heads and liaison with Corporate Finance to ensure organization meets all financial timelines
- Responsible for management of strategic organizational communications calendar and execution of those communications
- Coordinate with EIS senior leadership, HR, and Enterprise Technology communications teams to deliver on a coordinated employee communications strategy
- Maintain strong relationship with Enterprise Technology Business Management team to support common business operations methodologies and approaches
- Maintain strong relationship with Enterprise Technology Project Management office, working closely to ensure consistent application of Project Management Methodologies as well as recommendation for enhancements and improvements
- Provide continuous improvement through analysis, process improvement, metrics reporting and program maturity tracking.
- 8-10 years in IT/IS with 5-7 years in a corporate information technology role
- Experience in a Fortune 500 company as a Senior Manager
- The candidate must have proven experience in working in a matrix environment and managing multiple stakeholders, and possess leadership presence/gravitas.
- Experience in project and program management is required, including, but not limited to:
- Experience with process re-engineering
- Experience working with business executives on change management
- Management Consulting experience a plus
- 2 years experience using CA Clarity or project portfolio management tools
- Highly skilled with Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Excel
- Understands importance of service
- Passionate about maximizing cost performance
- Willing to be creatively disruptive
- Drives best practices and application of cost diagnostics
- Engages in collaborative accumulation and prioritization
- Demonstrated tenacity
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to program success metrics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to share a vision and convince others to embrace and embed in their organizations
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills
- Work effectively in a team environment, and with remote teams and vendors
- Other alternative presentation skills valued:
- Zoho Show
- IT/IS management experience in an entertainment/media/consumer products company
- PMI Certification a plus
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification a plus
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.