Sr. Manager, Program Management
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 708504BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 07/10/2019
As the Sr. Manager, Global Program Management you will lead the delivery team responsible for solving problems and executing complex, multi-disciplinary solutions aligned with the product vision, goals and requirements. You’ll work with business, product, and development teams to translate prioritized features into actionable tasks and ensure work is balanced and progressing. You’ll manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate with stakeholders. You’ll also take point on identifying blocking issues and work through resolution while fluidly adapting priorities to ensure the team retains focus on the highest value work.
- Work with product owners across regions to groom the prioritized backlog and translate into actionable roadmaps, delivery plans and executable work items for the program team with defined delivery schedules
- Act as liaison with compliance and legal teams to attain approval of new solutions and manage adherence of existing solutions to changing and evolving requirements and regulations
- Work collaboratively with architecture and development team members to address all relevant implementation details involved in each solution or feature
- Seek to achieve continuous flow by ensuring the work is balanced and progressing, while eliminating roadblocks and meeting delivery commitments
- Lead and increase the value of planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives for software development
- Develop best-in-class processes and products while driving continual improvement
- Coordinate releases across all products with Release Manager and Operations team members
- Work collaboratively with other teams to align work for the team as per the schedule
- Communicate status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email and direct communication with key stakeholders and executive leadership
- 5+ years of program/project management experience, ideally in digital media services and/or business systems or related fields
- Experience as a member of a high performing technical team working in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a strong ability to collaborate across functional areas to define scope, requirements, deliverables, dependencies, and risk mitigation
- Experience in technical vendor selection process via formal RFPs
- Track record of digital product launches working across business, product and technical teams combined with working knowledge of modern program management and tools (e.g. Confluence/Jira; MS Office; Trello)
- Expert in cross group communication with ability to obtain buyoff from business, operations and peers
- Superior attention to detail supported by excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of personnel
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects
- Must be delivery focused with a strong willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Ability to lead team efforts while managing a mix of vendor and FTE resources, partner across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Management consulting experience
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in the media industry is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of digital program management or related experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree and/or experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.