Sr. Manager, PublicityApply NowApply Later Job ID 822572BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Apr. 14, 2022
As part of the Publicity and Communications team this role has two main focus areas: campaign strategy, planning and execution on Lucasfilm film and TV projects as assigned, and leading multicultural publicity within the department which encompasses building relationships with MC press and advising on campaigns, press releases and talent engagement through the lenses of diversity and inclusion. This role will interact directly with senior executives, filmmakers and talent, press, other departments / LOBs and the Walt Disney Studios team.
- In close collaboration with project lead, work to develop publicity strategies and objectives for specific Lucasfilm film and TV projects as assigned – before / during production and for release.
- Work closely with internal and external filmmakers throughout production to ensure all necessary materials and requests are taken care of.
- Develop detailed understanding of Lucasfilm franchise and project ecosystem, able to talk and write with authority on strategic planning and campaign management.
- Work closely with filmmakers, marketing and talent to compose proper and deliberate talking points throughout the campaign.
- Collaborate with wider publicity and digital team to on-board new actors into the Franchise.
- Pull brand assets as needed (imagery, background, talent photos, clips, trailers, etc.) for use across LOB’s, working closely with the asset team.
- Respond to requests by the media for information, photos and video materials.
- Help with the scheduling and execution of interviews with talent and/or executives as needed.
- Distribute press releases to key contacts as needed.
- Contribute to the development and execution of publicity events (screenings, junkets) as needed.
- Assist with special projects and events as needed.
- Work in partnership with Lucasfilm and Disney teams to develop specific publicity strategies and objectives driven from multicultural consumer insights.
- Gather and analyze appropriate research to provide strategic consumer insight driven recommendations related to a multicultural audience.
- Identify, initiate and drive new publicity opportunities by aligning consumer insights with specific media outlets in the multicultural space.
- Build strong community and partner relationships with culturally diverse national and local outlets and organizations.
- Work with digital, social, and publicity teams at Lucasfilm and Disney to reach diverse audiences through new and traditional media.
- Promote and highlight the work of cast and crew from underrepresented communities through publicity and marketing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Public Relations, preferably in Television and/or film.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to assure successful interaction with fans, talent, executives, internal partners and various external contacts.
- Experience working with multicultural press, either directly or via agency management.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion.
- A self-starter; able to take initiative and proactively problem solve.
- Appreciation, understanding and respect for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
- Strong organizational, team building and relationship skills.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and working with multiple people and priorities.
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.