Sr Manager, Security Operations
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 701622BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 06/09/2019
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
Responsibilities:The Leader of the Security Operations team is responsible for establishing, planning and driving the execution of all functions within the team’s primary areas of responsibility including:
- Support the installation and maintenance of Information Security tools and services deployed across the organization
- Manage Supplier relationships for the vendors providing security services to Disney and ensure they do so with quality and accuracy against the contract and established norms
- Create and manage relationships with key Information Security product vendors
- Collate and publish enterprise wide ‘information security control’ metrics and key performance reports
- Lead all aspects of security operations including tool maintenance, operational metrics and reporting, continuous improvements in automation to ensure the technology and process keep pace with the threat landscape
- Serve as the enterprise “subject matter expert” for information security tools and best practices
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability to maintain annual budgets along with the 5 year financial plans relating to projects in alignment with strategic direction for Security Operations
- Deliver assessments and briefings to leadership, facilitating understanding of corrective actions and their associated impact / urgency
- Direct operational support including triage, incident management activities, root cause analysis, escalations, notifications, and communication related to Security tools and process
- Lead and foster the use of best practice and professional development of security team members within Global Information Security, Business Units, and technology solution service provider teams
- Ensure all operational processes are documented, exercised, and continually improved
- Liaise with Domestic and International colleagues to collaborate on emerging technology and the implementation of security tools
- Ensure security tools training materials for employees and cast members are relevant, periodically updated, and consumable
- Minimum 10 years in Information / Cyber Security field
- Ability to break down and communicate technically complex security situations and impacts for a non-technical audience
- Strong understanding and experience in information security and IT domains (networking, application, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Strong understanding of information security risks and attacker methodologies
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, standards, practices and technologies
- Good understanding of industry and regulatory and compliance reporting requirements (i.e.GDPR, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to coordinate efforts across an organization to drive the advancement of security tooling and process
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Require one or more of the following certification: CISSP, CISM, or equivalent
- 5-7 years’ experience leading Security Operations for a large organization
- BA/BS in information systems or computer science or appropriate work experience
- Masters or other advanced degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.