Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Manager, Talent, Learning, DiversityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688619BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This role is responsible for the Learning, Talent Management and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives for the Corporate Segment. The learning and development aspect supports design, development, facilitation and program management. Has oversight for talent management across all corporate client groups to include talent planning, leadership program support, and the annual performance management cycle. In partnership with Corporate HR Leadership, develop Diversity & Inclusion initiatives while working in tandem with the Enterprise D&I Center of Excellence (COE).
Assists and provides corporate insights for workforce analytics leveraging the strategies and tools development by the Enterprise People Insights Center of Excellence (COE). Provides leadership to direct reports, leaders and employees at all levels on all department initiatives.
- Act as the learning point of contact for HR Business Partners and clients, and take a consultative approach to develop fit-for-purpose learning strategies and solutions
- Understand and measure organizational readiness for comprehensive learning and development strategies within the client’s business area
- Partner with HR Business Partners and other stakeholders to progress learning and adopt a holistic and cultural approach to creating a learning organization
- Identify and plan client-based learning interventions, including coordination with Learning Center of Excellence to ensure support needs on design and delivery
- Provide oversight for Talent management across all Corporate client groups (talent planning, leadership program nominations, executive coaching and 360s)
- Lead and Manage the performance management process for Corporate, including D-Achieve rollout and change management
- Act as the Corporate day to day lead and assist with D&I counsel design and deliver strategic, segment-wide solutions and partner with D&I leaders across TWDC on enterprise-wide initiatives (i.e. Business & Employee Resource Groups)
- Liaise with the D&I COE around global programs and initiatives, and coordinate engagement across Corporate teams
- Provide oversight and management of the employee survey for Corporate: analysis of results, communication support for senior leaders, action planning process
- Provide consultation with Corporate clients and HRBPs on workforce data, trends, and recommended actions on workforce insights for Corporate
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, learning and development, talent management and/or team development
- 5+ years managing a team of cross functional disciplines
- Proven track record and ability to influence and partner with business and HR leaders to successfully drive large scale organization initiatives and gain their commitment and support/sponsorship
- Ability to facilitate highly complex, dynamic and interactive content while adapting approach and style to a variety of audiences and learning preferences
- In depth knowledge and credibility with Diversity and Inclusion concepts and programs (i.e. community outreach, corporate programs, learning initiatives, external trends, global application of D&I concepts)
- Outcome-oriented leader who possesses the ability to prioritize regularly in an ever-changing, complex and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of change and ambiguity.
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners and teams, in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency and action orientation to drive results.
- An advisor, influencer, and coach, who leads through others at all levels of the organization with outstanding presentation and communication skills (i.e. storytelling, executive presence, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in clear and compelling ways and adapts appropriately to the environment and audience (i.e. senior leadership, diverse functions, across regions, etc.)
- Moves quickly into action and provides regular communication and visible progress against objectives – can quickly turn an idea into action and test and learn
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management or a related discipline
- MBA or relevant graduate degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.