Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Manager, Talent SolutionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 544043BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 04/10/2018
Job Summary:At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
The Senior Manager, Talent Management acts as a strategist and consultant across The Walt Disney Studios to support and influence business leaders and HR partners with driving the following objectives:
- Select, develop, move and retain talent to ensure critical business and leadership roles are staffed with high caliber diverse talent
- Identify and develop critical skills and capabilities required to achieve current and future business goals
- Drive deep understanding of critical talent in order to prepare both new and existing talent to lead future change and disruption
- Build, manage and continuously improve strategies and solutions that attract, develop and retain key talent in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company and Studio HR partners, inclusive of approaches such as:
- Identification of high-performing, high-potential talent to provide focus for development and retention efforts
- Facilitation of assessments in order to prepare development plans for key talent
- Onboarding and retention best practices to better enable business leaders and HR partners
- Development experiences for high-performing leaders
- Consult with HRBPs to develop talent strategies focused on current and forecasted Line of Business needs, influencing and managing across a set of diverse and complex businesses
- Leverage workforce analytics and industry research to support Studio business and HR leaders with defining talent priorities
- Equip HRBPs with relevant tools / resources to integrate talent priorities into their day-to-day work
- Manage and continuously improve the Studio’s performance coaching (DAchieve) and talent / succession planning processes
- Partner with Diversity & Inclusion to integrate inclusion priorities into Studio and Line of Business talent strategies
- Collaborate with The Walt Disney Company Talent Solutions to implement enterprise-wide talent strategies in alignment with Studio priorities
Basic Qualifications:This position acts as a senior consultant to the business and builds and executes talent solutions that align with the Studio’s unique business needs, culture, and objectives. The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen and significant experience in a combination of organization and talent forecasting, succession planning, talent development, and performance management, as well as experience collaborating with HR partners to develop and implement solutions to business unit-wide priorities.
- 7+ years of experience in human resources, talent management, diversity and inclusion, organization development or related field
- Prior experience developing and implementing large-scale / business unit-wide talent/HR initiatives
- Proven experience leading cross-functional (HRBP, Learning, OD, Diversity, Compensation, etc) teams to design integrated talent management or HR strategies
- Knowledge and experience in using data and analytics to tell stories and influence leaders to take action and drive change
- Thinks strategically, synthesizes complex data and develops innovative solutions
- Understands industry standards, best practices, and trends related to talent management, and aligns approaches to work with Studio / Line of Business needs, cultures, and objectives
- Consults and influences senior-level business and HR executives and manages complex projects that cut across multiple business units including (but not limited to):
- Performance management
- Talent and succession planning
- High-potential talent development programs
- Leverages workforce and business data to design, implement and evaluate solutions
- Organizes and facilitates high performing project teams (non-direct reports) to succeed in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks to achieve innovative approaches to work
- Builds interpersonal relationships with clients and colleagues. Embraces teamwork
Required EducationBA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
Preferred EducationMBA / Masters or PhD in a related degree preferred
Additional Information:This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.