Sr Mgr, Business Relationship Manager
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710954BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 08/10/2019
DTCI Technology is at the heart of this transformation, and Technology Operations plays a critical role in the advancement of DTCI’s mission. DTCI Technology count on the technology operations team to engage and partner with business leaders across all of our business segments, manage work intake processes, prioritize investments and resources, drive operational effectiveness and efficiency, deliver global program and project management, monitor and communicate key performance indicators and deliver foundational technology critical for day-to-day operations.
Business Relationship Management (BRM) drives work intake and assists stakeholders with prioritization, business analysis and requirements, communicates roadmaps, develops business cases, facilitates quarterly reviews, provides regular transparency across all work efforts, and delivers on key programs that drive efficiencies and leverages DTCI technology global scale.
The Sr Manager, BRM – Media Networks will align with business stakeholders from Production, Business, Programming & Affiliates across TWDC. The candidate will be responsible for identifying technology solutions to meet evolving business needs, partnering to align business & technology investments and working closely with the DTCI Technology Product Engineering and Media Engineering teams to deliver best-in-class technology solutions that for Media Networks. Candidate should be aware of the business and technology trends in the Media and Entertainment space, preferably with experience in Media Networks Business Products.
Responsibilities:Strategic Business Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with executive clients & stakeholders.
- Serve as the liaison between clients and DTCI Technology teams globally.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with clients to improve business processes.
- Leads in the development of business cases requiring technology-based solutions
- Acts as an advisor to business partners to shape their strategy with regard to technology and ensure they are aware of technology service offerings.
- Works with business analysts to help the business units define new capabilities.
- Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and manages business opportunities.
- Communicates business needs with appropriate technology solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities.
- Understand and anticipate industry trends to identify opportunities and make recommendations.
- Ensure technology solutions support client’s business goals and also align with DTCI Technology strategy.
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations. Identify and resolve disconnects.
- Provide input into prioritization of tech initiatives in service of client business requirements
- Lead change management efforts with client in tandem to solution delivery in order to maximize stakeholder adoption.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and DTCI technical product teams to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business goals and deliver business value.
- Champion change and innovation by stimulating creativity and openness to new ideas.
- Advise on options, risks, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on end-user products & services.
- Contribute to all aspects of people leadership for their BRM team: setting expectations; coaching; counseling; development; evaluating and providing feedback.
- Responsible for overall morale of team and fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of internal/external technology project experience, in medium to large projects.
- Experience in Media and Entertainment.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills and experience working with Senior Executive level leadership teams (Presidents, EVPs, SVPs, VPs).
- Experience in stakeholder communications.
- Have experience working with subject matters experts at various levels.
- Experience with leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.