Sr Mgr. Total Quality ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 814836BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 16, 2021
The Sr. Manager also leads our Partner Assessment Program, which evaluates the technical operations and project management functions for internal teams and third-party vendors, to ensure all technical solutions and processes align with best practices and uphold Disney’s quality assurance and “right-first-time” delivery requirements.
- Manage a team that works with our vendors to track and manage new workflow on-boarding, ongoing performance evaluation, and process improvement
- Manage and perform the Studio Operations Partner Assessment Program covering technical and process evaluations of external and internal partners
- Maintain direct contact with vendors, consumer electronics manufacturers, software creators, industry forums and others to provide technical advice or solutions as required
- Work with suppliers to improve their internal technical process to improve quality of products or services
- Engage with technology teams to provide requirements and implementation solutions to support the operations teams managing media assets, localization, and distribution servicing
- Manage and distribute technical specifications, procedures and training
- Support technical process improvements and issue resolution including the development of statistical performance measurement methods
- Maintain strong working relationships with the team and related business units
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- At least 7 years of prior and relevant experience including in digital media distribution, post-production, or other related content technologies
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of direct or indirect reports
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Training or certification in process improvement methodologies e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, ISO 9001.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a relevant subject
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.