Sr. Network Engineer
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770105BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Dec. 07, 2020
Job Summary:For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies and episodic storytelling from its iconic studios like Marvel, Twenty Century Studios, Motion Picture Production, Lucas Film, Blue Sky Studios, Pixar and The Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Walt Disney Studios Network Engineers working in the Production Technology Architecture Group must possess a broad view of both Information and Media technologies in order to successfully implement, scale and support the next generation network infrastructure, workflow and pipelines designed to enhance the film production, post production and distribution processes that enable our story tellers create amazing content that entertains, creates memories and uplifts people around the world.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to automate various processes, aid in capacity planning and implementations
- Work with team members to deploy, and operate infrastructure globally to support the movie production and distribution process
- Engineer and deploy scalable and flexible high-performance and high-availability network infrastructure
- Generate quality documentation on network issues, updates, root cause analysis, troubleshooting techniques and network analysis including diagrams/templates. Exercise consistent rigor in maintaining documentation
- Ensure reliable operation of systems and infrastructure software by designing and implementing network, instrumentation and management tools in order to predict, quickly diagnose and resolve abnormal network behavior
- Liaison between critical production engineering groups
- Serve as a Tier 2 support for Systems, Media, Storage and Cloud Operations Engineers
- Interface with other Disney entities and their networks to support cross-segment workflows, file transport and other sharing of media assets, devices and infrastructure
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering and operations for a Studio, ISP or a Major Enterprise network in a 7x24x365 environment. Normal hours and business days apply, but must be available to work after hours, weekends and some holidays as well as providing L3 on-call support on a rotation basis will be required.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment (Juniper, Arista, Cisco, Brocade, Palo Alto, F5, Infinera, Ciena)
- Consistent track record of implementing large-scale and mission-critical networks
- Experience running and supporting high availability infrastructure
- Working experience with Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Experience implementing/maintaining monitoring and alerting for production systems
- Network theory and services (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, 7 layers of OSI, DNS, DHCP)
- Mid-level expertise with VXLAN, STP, ISIS, BGP, EVPN and MPLS
- Networked Storage technologies (NAS, SAN, Clustered, Tape)
- I/O technologies (Fiber Channel, InfiniBand, SCSI, SATA, SAS)
- Network hardware (firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, transport gear)
- Local and Networked File Systems (NFS, SMB, DFS, NTFS)
- Video streaming theory, standards and concepts
- Exceptional advanced troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Network Security principals and best practices
- Customer service oriented individual
- Self-driven with an analytical mind with a bias for action
- Track record of practical problem solving under pressure
- Excellent communication, and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with teams globally
- Able to comfortably multitask (i.e., perform multiple tasks concurrently)
- Ability to manage competing priorities, and work well under pressure
- A team player with good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to interact and apply soft skills with face to face production customers
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Able to make important decisions given incomplete and conflicting knowledge
- Experience working on virtualized network environments (overlays)
- Experience with network scripting/automation
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Terraform
- Strong hands-on support of large WAN, LAN and MAN environments
- 3rd party interfacing and network-to-network connectivity experience
- Experience implementing scalable, highly available and secure VPN environments
- Experience developing automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
- Experience deploying and supporting Media Production environments with a Studio or Postproduction House
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Certifications (JNCIA-Junos, JNCIA-MistAI, JNCIA-SEC, ACE-A, PCCSA, PCNSA, PCNSE, CCNA, CCNP, BIG-IP, DDI Professional)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.