Sr Paralegal - MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 774127BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
This position requires content review and clearance experience, exceptional organizational skills, an unwavering attention to detail and deadlines, drafting and negotiating expertise, acumen in legal issue spotting, and constant, effective communication with both internal clients and third parties in a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will work closely with all levels of Business and Legal Affairs staff, internal business unit representatives and similarly situated parties outside of the company.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, amendments and other legal documentation for productions, events, pitches, clip licenses, graphics, spots, actors, writers, directors, below-the-line talent, amongst others, all within very short time frames.
- Reviewing existing series and film agreements to analyze rights and restrictions, and delivering such information to clients in a clear, concise manner.
- Reviewing marketing materials and television spots for legal issues.
- Maintaining various departmental charts and inputting information into databases on a daily basis.
- Updating and training clients regarding relevant internal processes and protocols.
- Helping with special projects as assigned and approaching the same with a can-do attitude.
- Must have at least two years of legal experience, preferably in the marketing and/or television field (recent law school graduates will be considered).
- The ability to track and meet all relevant deadlines and follow up as appropriate.
- Familiarity with marketing, programming and production agreements.
- The ability to multitask.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- The ability to spot and distinguish legal issues versus non-legal issues in legal paperwork.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Strong understanding of contracts with the ability to draft contract language and to integrate business points into contracts.
- Detail-oriented with strong grammatical and proofreading skills.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions as needed.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, proof-reading and listening skills.
- An ability to independently manage one’s workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
- Team player.
- Holds him/herself and others accountable for results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other office-related software.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes.
- J.D.s will be considered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.