Sr Paralegal - TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 773786BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the Technology Legal Group assists our business teams in pursing new ideas and technologies and driving value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Responsibilities:The Corporate Legal Department of The Walt Disney Company is seeking a Senior Paralegal with extensive experience in negotiating and drafting technology agreements and managing the contract process through to completion and signature.
The successful candidate must be an organized, detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including senior level executives, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor and interacting well with all levels of personnel.
- Perform responsibilities as a Senior Paralegal in the areas of drafting and negotiating relatively complex technology agreements and related business agreements.
- Prepare amendments and statements of work with key vendors.
- Facilitate resolution of risk management, pricing and other issues.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders, including the business lead, security and privacy issues with the security and privacy teams.
- Oversee each stage of the contract process with a focus on proactive communication with the vendor or consultant, business lead, and legal lead and management of the process to ensure timely and accurate contract execution.
- Assist with deal interpretation questions under the supervision of an attorney.
- Ensure compliance of contracts with direction from attorneys and company policies and procedures.
- Work with the business leads to prioritize and track the status of agreements and other matters in the workflow process.
- Respond to inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary and negotiate deal points with vendors and consultants.
- Track and carry out agreement termination process, as needed.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Corporate Technology Legal attorneys and paralegals to review assigned and client requested tasks.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a paralegal in the area of technology contracts.
- Interact well with all levels of personnel.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be willing to take "ownership" of projects.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to be flexible in all work situations.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise constructive solutions and strategies.
- Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented, with accurate input and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment while effectively managing deadlines.
- Self starter with ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
Required EducationCollege degree, paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or equivalent experience in a law firm, media or technology company.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.