Sr Planner (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765290BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 08, 2020
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Sr. Planner will provide project management support for the Studio Operations Disney+ Planning application. Working under the direction of the Manager, this role will design, monitor and maintain the project plan, collaborating with technology and operations teams.
- Design, monitor and maintain project plan including defining timeline, key milestones, risks and resources
- Track and report progress and feature development status
- Partner with operations and technology teams to ensure project stays on track and on budget
- Evaluate development priorities and allocated resources, and present findings to management
- Map system and supply chain workflows
- Resolve gaps in system data aggregation, calculations or data entry
- Identify and manage system functionality requirements including:
- Managing end-user expectations and requests
- Identify and document process owners, system interfaces and dependencies
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures
- Ensure on-going process improvements, driving supply-chain automation where possible
- Support with other projects tasks as needed
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in project management
- Experience in project management or similar capacity in media/entertainment
- Proficiency with SmartSheets, Google Suite, MS Office
- Familiarity with workflow diagram software
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to think pre-emptively
- Ability to work in a very collaborative, deadline-driven, data-centric environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.