Sr Product Manager
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 873669BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Product Manager, Infrastructure and Tools will focus on data engineering tools that enable our delivery teams to build and operate complex data pipelines within D.A.T.A. ecosystem. Product portfolio comprises of internally developed services and open source technologies that have been operationalized to meet enterprise requirements. You will play a key role in the unification of our data engineering technology stack and building resilient services that make our delivery teams highly efficient and productive.
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmaps for data engineering tools in close collaboration with other product managers, architects and engineering leads; Prioritize the work taking into account value identification, cost savings and progress against the broader business strategy
- Work with stakeholders to develop product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and success metrics
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, backlog grooming) as Product Owner
- Partner with program management to oversee roadmap execution, identify delivery risks and resolve key blockers
- Grow the userbase by building strategic relationships, advocating and socializing the available offerings within D.A.T.A. group
- Partner with engineering and program management to develop service level objectives and production support processes
- Maintain customer-facing product documentation
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of product management experience in data engineering or software domain
- 3+ years of product management or engineering experience with Apache Airflow, NiFi, Kafka and Hadoop/Spark ecosystems
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies, preferably AWS – knowledge of service offerings and design patterns for data platforms
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a sophisticated, always-changing environment with competing priorities
- Experience with Agile frameworks and practices
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Data engineering or software architecture background is a big plus
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubenetes
- Familiarity with API and data deployment mechanisms
- Familiarity with enterprise security practices and facilitating development with high regulation and oversite
- CSPO, SAFe PM/PO, PMP, AWS certifications
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.