Sr. Program Manager - Data ProtectionApply NowApply Later Job ID 7113462220220213 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
- Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
- Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
- Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
- We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
Data Protection is a critical component to our cybersecurity program. This role influences technology risk management in collaboration with teams across the Company to enable responsive, secure and cost effective solutions. We are a highly versatile and technical team, gleaning from network engineering, application security, data protection, cloud, architecture, risk assessment and control alignment. We are looking for a security pro who wants to:
- Promote a culture of data protection across all business units within TWDC
- Ensure key stakeholders (e.g. Privacy, Records Information Management) are informed and included in planning, design and acceptance activities to drive continuous data protection improvements
- Enrich data protection policy through research and analysis of qualitative and quantitative information
- Evaluate “what is next” for data security and the convergence of data, network, cloud and identity
- Identify solutions to reduce risk and enhance our prevention and detection capabilities
- Define criteria to measure success or programs through KRIs and ensure reporting is accurate, complete and timely
- Manage cross functional and strategic programs via the Data Protection domain
Responsibilities :The Sr. Program Manager, Data Protection is responsible for evaluating a myriad of user scenarios, capabilities, and technology to ensure they align to enhance the security, regulatory and compliance requirements for data across the Walt Disney Company (TWDC). This role is highly versatile, gleaning from product management, program management, strategic planning, cybersecurity engineering and architecture.
- Partners with the Data Protection Domain Owner to plan, build and maintain holistic roadmaps to deliver on strategic priorities for data products and capabilities, which align with organizational and business goals
- Manages and executes on multiple projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously – drives delivery of scope, schedule, budget and expectation management
- Develops detailed requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Defines and delivers against operational and risk metrics on a regular basis
- Identify risks, resolve key blockers, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Builds and maintains relationships with key technology and business teams and vendors to ensure success across geographies and initiatives
- Liaises across TWDC Segments and Business Units in relation to the relevant policies, procedures, processes and initiatives to ensure progress on initiatives and compliance
- Performs as an adaptive problem solver
- Champions a collaborative, positive and solutions-minded work environment that cultivates shared understanding
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets trends or signs of change, to drive strategic planning and influence solution offerings (e.g. evolving privacy and data protection regulations laws, policies, best practices and technology offerings)
- Evaluates market opportunities and strategic partnerships with respect to their strengths, weaknesses and alignment to Company requirements
- Supports leadership in large scale initiatives, including creation of deliverables (assessments, internal presentations, etc.) with a view toward promoting informed decision-making and presentations that will be shared with senior-level audiences
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years’ experience working in a highly analytical, consulting, investment banking or managerial role
- Trusted partner and coach with an ability to thoughtfully consider an organizational agenda, distinct personality perspectives and, and respectfully challenge ideas before executing an action plan
- Demonstrates organization acumen by anticipating organizational needs before they are needed; by identifying disconnections between strategy and the people, processes, and/or tools needed to achieve
- Results oriented business professional with a focus on project delivery and business efficiencies
- Previous experience working with executive stakeholders; people and nuanced communication skills to successfully proxy
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with a proactive, self-starter attitude
- Previous experience drawing valuable insight from varied industry & functional experiences; to inform approaches and quick understanding of different industries and capabilities
- Strategic thinker with effective, diplomatic and proactive leadership skills
- Ability to drive results to successful completion
- Experienced with prioritizing projects and business impacts
- Strong analytical skills including data manipulation, analysis, visualization and presentation
- Adept at providing analysis, recommendations, and executive decision making frameworks
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A track record of creativity and innovative problem solving
- Strong experience in operationalizing business rhythms to ensure critical business meetings and governance structures are scheduled, planned, and executed
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Capable of managing complex project portfolios; including investments, initiatives people development programs, and strategic imperatives
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Highly effective verbal & written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Preferred Qualifications :
Required Education :
Bachelor’s Degree in: IT, Computer Science, Security Architecture/Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and an additional degree or experience in fine art to include performing art, music, or visual art.
Preferred Education :
MBA or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Security Architecture/Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and an additional degree or experience in fine art to include performing art, music, or visual art.
The Team :
The Senior Program Manager is a utility, hands on player to support the Data Protection Domain Owner and help them execute strategic programs and day-to-day operations. This person will work closely with leadership on all aspects of the business, jumping in where needed, delivering results and communicating across the organization. They will be responsible for continuous improvement of program delivery and improving the throughput of the team while utilizing various techniques. A successful candidate is someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, is highly organized, excellent communicator, and thrives under pressure.
Additional Information :
- Key competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Peer Relationships – gains trust; collaboratively solve problems with peers
- Political Savvy – maneuver through complex political situations; sensitive to how organizations functions
- Understanding Others – senses groups: positions, intentions, and needs; what they value and motivates them
- Intellectual Horsepower – deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, sharp, capable, and agile
- Technical Learning –learning new industry, company, product, or tech knowledge quickly
- Comfort Around Higher Management – present to senior leadership comfortably
- Listening – practices attentive and active listening; patience to hear people out;
- Dealing with Ambiguity – handle risk and uncertainty without having the total picture
- Humor - positive and constructive sense of humor
- Perseverance – pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Personal Disclosure – shares personal strengths, weaknesses, and limitations; admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Presentation Skills – effective presentation skills; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation
- Learning on the Fly – a relentless and versatile learner; experiments to find solutions
- Self-Knowledge – knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; isn’t defensive
- Interpersonal Savvy – builds constructive relationships; builds appropriate rapport; uses diplomacy and tact
- Decision Quality – makes good decisions using analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sought out for advice and solutions
- Process Management – good at figuring out lean processes to get things done; organizes people and activities; knows what to measure and how to measure it
- Patience – understands the people and the data before making judgments and acting
- Informing – provides the info people need to know to do their jobs
- Integrity & Trust – seen as a direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences
- Personal Learning – picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.