Sr Program Manager, Disney+ Launch PMOApply NowApply Later Job ID 763118BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 21, 2020
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This position will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Launch PMO team located in Burbank or New York, and is responsible for coordinating the delivery of work increments crossing multiple functional workstreams and teams within multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. Launches include territories, partnerships, campaigns, and major product features. Responsibilities also include the development of measures for project monitoring and tracking metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders.
The role will work across the Disney Steaming business group, partnering closely with the global and regional marketing, legal, and commercial functional teams; regional business teams; and global workstream leads. You will perform program management activities to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment. You will identify program milestones, dependencies, and risks and incorporate them into a holistic plan for successful delivery. You will execute through expert knowledge of the program management domain, and business domains including marketing operations, legal clearances, and partnerships. You will quickly build a deep knowledge of DSS execution strategy, and form outstanding internal business relationships.
You are a process driven program manager focused on collaborating and building consensus to achieve results. You will be engaging key stakeholders, lead working sessions, and constantly reviewing and iterating on the program management techniques as we scale through launch and growth of the Disney Streaming brand.
- Prepare charters and develop detailed project plans including detailed scope information, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and clear success criteria
- Support project communications and monitoring and control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis
- Lead marketing operations program management for launchs including localization, creative and legal processes
- Capture and contribute operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drive resolution or escalations as required
- Manage launch communication, track and triage local issues through partnership with PMO teams
- Establish strong communication channels to manage stakeholder expectations
- Communicate effectively to drive alignment on stakeholder priorities
- 5+ years of program & project management in a large corporate environment
- Experience in a senior management-facing role preferred
- Global / International experience preferred
- Expert software tools capabilities. Presentations: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Slides; Modelling/diagramming: Visio, Omni Graffle and/or Lucidchart; Project Management: Confluence, Jira, and Smartsheets.
- Experience in a large program management and/or operations environment
- Experience working with technology and marketing teams
- Proven experience working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Possess business acumen and proven ability to react quickly, and plan proactively to meet project needs
- Deep affinity with Disney content, brands, and IP and familiarity with the content production and distribution process.
- Recognized as having a high potential for growth
- Demonstrated tenacity, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experienced delivering business improvement through process re-engineering.
- Possesses excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Understanding of program management processes and methodologies for governance and tracking
- Show commitment to the project management profession via continuing education, up-to-date certifications, and progress in the field over time.
- Basic technical literacy and aptitude to apply qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- One or more recognized current project management certifications (IAMP, PMP, MPM, CSM, etc.)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.