Sr Project Manager (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744598BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
Job Summary:The Senior Project Manager reports into the Senior Manager, Program Management. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work on concurrent complex implementations across matrixed teams. They must be capable of clearly communicating schedules, risks, and processes to a variety of business, creative, and technical audiences.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale platform projects .
- Performs role of Scrum Master across one or more project teams. Running Sprints.
- Manage project team consisting of product managers, contractors, vendors, engineers, and marketing across multiple projects.
- Provide clear reporting of project status across all projects that include: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification, resource analysis.
- Work with product development team to understand and manage project requirements, scope, timelines and budget.
- Work with platform leads on managing sprints, backlog and builds.
- Identifies and manages project/program issues and risks to drive decision making. Escalates isues as needed.
- Identifies and communicates resource constraints and potential priority conflicts to assist the organization in evaluating and reprioritizing deadlines.
- Strong contributor to the evolution of the project management capabilities, improve delivery of solutions and leverage project management knowledge across the Movies Anywhere organization.
- Assist in evaluation of application development vendors, as required.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and/or trends in technology for the entertainment industry.
- A minimum of 5+ years of technical project management.
- Proven track record in managing, tracking and troubleshooting multiple, high-visibility, large-scale technology projects from definition through implementation, involving cross-functional teams, vendors and partners.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar.
- Self-starter that can autonomously drive multiple work streams inter-departmentally
- Ability to develop program schedules, communicate deadlines, and enforce project milestones
- Proficient in use of project management and documentation tools
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Meeting facilitation skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and working in a matrixed organization
- Ability to move projects forward to completion with collaboration and consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Management of backend, mobile app, web or over-the-top (OTT) product development teams
- Experience working with delivery teams, Legal and Privacy to ensure products are reviewed for COPPA, VPPA and CCPA compliance.
- CSM certification.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.