Sr Publicist (Photo Editor)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 821584BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
This is an IATSE Local 600 Publicist Guild position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Global point of contact for all photo imagery related to assigned titles (domestic and international)
- Develop image timeline and photo strategy on assigned titles, working closely with global PR Project Lead (from first look through home entertainment)
- Edit assigned titles, oversee coverage and talent approvals, edit key sets and distribute material globally according to the needs of the media team and markets
- Organize and art direct publicity photo shoots and edit and oversee upload of event photos on assigned titles
- Manage stills budget (stills, creative, special shoot, premiere photographer), working closely with PR Project Lead. Budgets are based on comp films.
- Work with internal and external partners, plus franchise team.
- Manage Unit Photographer process including:
- Share hiring recommendations with PR Project Lead and Riki Leigh Arnold
- Track Unit coverage
- Edit unit photography throughout production to curate approved images and final key set
- Manage and communicate all special request for images
- Meet material deadlines from Press Team and Int’l Requests
- Oversee and manage talent/filmmaker approval for all photos (shared with Talent Publicist & Jr. Photo Publicist)
- Manage title image distribution on various platforms (Altris, PIX, XDAM, Image.net, Box, 5th Kind, etc.) (shared with Photo Coordinator)
- Share all final, approved material with team members – specifically Press Team and Int’l Publicists for global distribution
- Onsite management of house photographer at events and oversight event photography
- Premiere – Oversight, edit and management of photographers, rest handled by coordinator, Assistant and Junior.
- Gather Premiere Photo RSVPs
- Manage roaming photographer on red carpet
- Manage photographers on red carpet and flow of step and repeat
- Edit material
- Handle uploading of photos to All Access Link
- All Access Links
- Create all access link for each campaign title and for major publicity events (Domestic & International) that involve filmmakers and talent. Getty Photographer & Editor will capture events. Photo Editor is responsible domestically for uploading and circulating and ensuring Int’l contact is doing the same for non-US events.
- Responsible for publishing material from All Access Link out to the markets
- Pushed out through press release blast.
- Photo Team to handle hiring of photographers via Getty, regardless of where it is in US.
- Approve junket and PC backgrounds from markets (shared with Int’l Publicist)
- Create a system with markets regarding backgrounds.
- Work with Jackie T and Junket Publicist for domestic PC /junket backgrounds
- Create Annual Preview Kit (Nov/Dec) – page for each film, logo, art, synopsis (if available) (To be created online by Jr. Publicist, with oversight by Seniors on their projects)
- Provide assets to Awards Team as necessary
- Minimum of 3 years editing experience
- Studio photo editing a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Relationships with photo agencies and photographers
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, familiarity with publicity/marketing
- Flexible and able to work in a team setting.
Additional Information:This is an IATSE Local 600 Publicist Guild position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.