Sr QA Analyst
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 711385BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 08/10/2019
Job Summary:The DTCI Productivity Engineering team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Senior QA Analyst to join our team. As a Senior QA Analyst, this individual would ensure that projects developed and maintained by the Mobile Engineering team are delivered with the highest quality. The individual will work closely across the delivery teams to strengthen and improve our delivery process as we continue to shift left.
The successful candidate is responsible for analyzing requirements, mentoring junior team members, creating and executing end-to-end test plans, managing testing activities to ensure all objectives are met and that the product works as expected. The products should be tested in terms of functionality, content delivery, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility.
Responsibilities:· Lead design and implementation of QA test strategies and protocols for testing all Mobile Engineering software and product releases
· Documents, tracks and verifies defects and fixes across all Mobile products
· Mentors junior QA analysts or contingent workforce and provides technical direction as needed for specific project testing initiatives
· Develops, documents and implements all relevant QA standards
· Regularly reviews and interprets QA results and reports up to management as applicable
· Provides regular input for the QA organization in ensuring the timely and efficient delivery of accurate and functional new or modified applications.
· Provides technical direction to team resources for specific project testing initiatives using Charles and other debugging tools
- Involved in making decisions to release applications under development to production, providing all necessary data to stakeholders
- Uses ingenuity in applying analytical techniques and organizational skills to evaluate, and developing alternative approaches to resolving quality assurance issues with ongoing process improvement
- Interprets complex QA issues and problems for technical and non-technical personnel, and work to identify possible solutions
- Communicates complex information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Handles communication with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels up to Senior level Technology.
· Participate in test plan reviews with peers, developers and product team members.
· Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional specifications and requirements.
· Effectively communicates defects to developer(s) responsible for product(s) being tested
· Communicates release status to the product stakeholders
· Leads various test sessions with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of product(s).
· Work with our Automation team to translate manual test cases in automated test scripts
· Work closely with our offshore QA team members to ensure they are fully integrated
Basic Qualifications:· 5+ years of relevant QA experience in a structured software/testing environment.
· Experience testing on mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android)
· Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and status to stakeholders
· Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
· Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies.
· Knowledge and understanding of test management tools
· Experience using automated test tools, proxy tools (such as Charles) or API testing tools (such as Postman)
· Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications.
· Passion for software quality and for advancing testing as an engineering discipline.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Good knowledge of QA methodologies/tools
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.