Sr QA Tester
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 751060BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 03, 2020
Job Summary:The Sr QA Tester works within the QA team to help verify that products and services meet design specifications, are scalable and reliable and meet quality criteria and standards. They will work with testing, engineering teams and cross-functional Movies Anywhere teams to develop test plans driven by product design and development schedules. They will prepare test result reports and defect metrics and communicate them to the product & operations organizations. They will document and report functional defects and performance issues and effectively communicate them to development and project management team members. They will develop test plans and scripts and will execute them for each development deliverable. They will execute both manual and automated test scripts and will analyze the results in order to isolate defects and report them in a meaningful way.
- Estimate, plan, prioritize and coordinate testing across mobile, web & Smart TV applications and their supporting services.
- Execute automated and manual tests for mobile applications as well their supporting services.
- Write functional and system test plans based on application and service specifications as well as functional exploration.
- Organize tests and test plans using test case management tools.
- Perform or oversee post deployment checks for production releases.
- Execute automated tests using various automated test tools and frameworks.
- Document test tools and methods and train other testers on their usage.
- Debug application test failures in order to create effective and targeted bug reports.
- Stay updated on test and software development lifecycle methods and technologies in order to help evolve and grow testing effectiveness.
- Create defect metric and pass/fail reports for a broad audience that includes technical and product teams.
- Monitor and manage web, service, and mobile app releases through the release lifecycle as well as mobile app store submissions.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a software environment and QA testing.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with debugging tools for web and mobile applications. (Charles Proxy, Fiddler, adb, Android Studio, XCode, etc.)
- Experience testing mobile and 10 foot applications across the following operating systems:
- Experience testing streaming across smart TV platforms.
- Experience working with continuous integration Tools. (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience working with BDD Test tools is a plus. (Cucumber, Spock, etc.)
- Experience with standards testing. (privacy & accessibility, i18n, localization)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science) or equivalent experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.