Sr Quality Assurance Engineer (SDET)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 645579BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:We have created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world. The foundation of this creativity starts with The Walt Disney Studios where we produce, acquire, and distribute live-action and animated motion pictures, video experiences, music, and live performances. Our brands include Marvel, LucasFilm, Pixar, Disney Animation, Disney Nature and Hollywood Records. No other Media & Entertainment company can rival the brands we have the honor of bringing to the world.
As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for a self-starting software leader who is dedicated to shaping the future of movie distribution. We’re a casual shop that values passion, community involvement and exceptional software. If this is you, we want you to join our team.
Responsibilities:You will lead the team in creation of next-generation internal systems for movie distribution. You should be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and working with a diverse group of business stakeholders and technologists. We expect you to have a deep understanding of software development project management methodologies, to be passionate about technology and the business, to keep up with the latest trends, and to have ownership in your project delivery. Through your strategy and vision for the digital operating model, you will conceive, deliver, enhance, and influence products across the entire distribution value chain including sales, marketing, planning, operations, and finance. You will work in service of an overall company initative to reimagine the studio business as an integrated, automated, efficient and effective machine that can scale and flex in line with rapid, technology-driven business dynamics.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Strategy & Execution. You will partner with your technology peers to execute a portfolio strategy and roadmap leading to quality delivery and innovation of our software solutions and drive performance against key KPI’s.
- Technology & Capability Leadership. You will help drive delivery team toward continuous improvement of their core capabilities including development, execution and testing. You will ensure software engineering disciplines toward delivery of high quality solutions that surprise and delight the user community.
- Internal & External Engagement. You will establish appropriate Technology relationships, oversee testing processes, and lead discussions with Technology partners to ensure Disney priorities are met.
- Digital Transformation. You will maintain a deep understanding of the business within Disney and industry-wide in order to propose and defend strategies that support the digital transformation mid- near- and long-term
Basic Qualifications:Your passion for good software is visible to your team, stakeholders and in every product you and your team delivers. You take business automation seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
- A master problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, and are biased toward delivering requirements fit quickly and within budget constraints considering all available options including SaaS, package, and purpose-built solutions.
- A seasoned leader. You have learned from experience and have been a leader several times; you’ve delivered many business solutions from ideation to production; you’re focused on value and drive the right solution in spite of resistance or obstacles.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it’s product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
- Goal oriented. You develop and actualize vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect business and technology strategies to the software you deliver and can easily articulate the value created.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven track record in delivering complex projects using a recognized Agile project management methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Responsive to team needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her scrum team
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Movie and TV distribution and licensing is a plus but not required.
- Experience leading QA initiatives across multiple technology platforms.
- Comfortable using a variety of tools to investigate and resolve issues (e.g. SQL, RabbitMQ, Elastic Search, Postgress)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and motivate those around you
- 10+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- 5+ years of backend testing experience
- 5+ yrs. of experience using Scrum methodology
- 3+ years of testing automation experience a plus (e.g. cucumber, bamboo)
- 3+ years of leading testing teams
- Certified QA testing qualification a plus (e.g. ISTQB, CSQA)
Required EducationBachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field, or equivalent related work experience; Advance degree a plus
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.