Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Sales Planning & Analytics AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679256BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 19, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Sales Planning & Analytics is a highly visible department within the Studio Distribution division that is responsible for providing strategic and analytical support to executive management regarding the theatrical release of Disney films. The team also works collaboratively across functions within the studio.
The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS) is seeking a Senior Analyst to work within Motion Pictures Domestic Distribution Sales Planning to provide strategic and analytical support for the organization. The role requires strong strategic and presentation skills, as well as the ability to analyze and translate data that will influence and drive management decisions. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management. A proactive, independent, high-energy, positive attitude is a must.
- Domestic box office forecasting and reporting, providing in-depth new release reporting.
- Provide strategic support for and analysis for Disney’s domestic theatrical releases.
- Provide real time, industry-wide box office results, analysis and reporting.
- Develop presentations to summarize findings. Present analyses and recommendations to Studio executives.
- Manage industry release calendar; track and communicate changes to senior management.
- Manage daily box office performance estimates and actuals reporting to internal stakeholders and communicate to third parties as needed.
- Prepare weekly title comparisons, pre-release estimates and post-performance analysis for review.
- Provide periodic review and insight (daily/weekly/monthly/annual/as-needed) on domestic box office results to senior management.
- Develop detailed analysis and reporting on title, circuit, and film brand level trends and performance.
- Liaise with technical teams to refine and finetune systems and forecasting tools.
- Support management team with ad-hoc projects including analysis and presentations to summarize findings.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; ability to effectively translate data into a presentation format, with minimal oversight.
- Strong Excel modelling skills; must be comfortable working in and building Excel models.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation development and delivery.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and prioritize work.
- Ability to influence others by telling a story with data to make business improvements.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, business planning or other quantitative field.
- A high degree of motivation and a proficient understanding of the domestic theatrical distribution industry and landscape.
- Availability during non-office hours, including early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and deal effectively with pressure.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Bachelor degree in a field of analytical study.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.