Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Secretary, Creative Development (OPEIU)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711616BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
We have an exciting opportunity in Walt Disney Motion Picture Production – Creative Affairs for a Sr. Secretary role.
The Sr. Secretary position is an administrative support role covering phones, scheduling, expenses and other admin duties a Director in Production (Live Action).
This position falls under the collective bargaining agreement of OPEIU (Local 174).
- Rolling calls; maintaining call sheet
- Scheduling meetings and travel
- Maintaining calendar
- Preparing and submitting expense reports
- Representing the department in a professional manner
- Maintaining organizational documents and monitoring status of deliverables
- Assisting in the preparation of meetings
- Maintaining files
- Processing vendor invoices
- Coordinating domestic and international travel
- Reading submissions
- Attend “assistant weekend read” staff meeting and generate/maintain meeting agenda
- Assist coordinator with compiling research packets and weekly newsletter
- Help maintain release schedule, “blue card” grids, competitive development and writer/director tracking grids for department use
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with SAP. Working knowledge of Adobe, Illustrator, Keynote preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction.
- Minimum of 1 year experience at a Studio, Production Company, Literary Agency or Talent Agency
- Bachelor’s degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.