Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Secretary - PhotoApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708492BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 01, 2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Sr Secretary provides clerical assistance for the photo team including invoice processing, scheduling, special shoot details and updating photographer contact information. Organizes and sends pitch materials, packages and sends materials for presentations and talent requests, gets estimates from lab for approval, handles shredding and safe disposal of printed presentation materials.
- Calendar and Schedule Management: coordinate travel, long-term planning, manage day-to-day meetings
- Meeting Coordination and Reporting: book conference rooms, issue meeting requests through Outlook, coordinate agenda and other handouts, print items for meetings, send emails, take meeting notes and follow-up with attendees.
- Phones: Field phone calls daily
- Filing: Filing of reference materials, background and overview information, as needed
- Expenses: Preparation of all business-related expenses using CONCUR travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner
- Arrange executive air travel, lodging, ground transportation and other travel logistics
- Arrange press travel for set visits, long lead days, junkets, etc., and arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries and compile documents and budgets for travel-related meetings
- Manage materials for photo team: image.net needs, press releases, sending out images/materials as needed to press
- Coordinate administrative tasks for team such as book team meetings, order supplies (including kitchen supplies), and processing invoices
- Reporting: Helps to update reports for the team to include, status reports, preview charts, Riley, campaign highlights summary reports, media value charts and enters daily breaks into master publicity report
- Work press events such as premieres, junkets and long lead days.
- Supports departmental projects, as needed
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally, works exceptionally well with executives, staff, and external associates and visitors at all levels.
- Ability to tactfully manage the teams’ time, multi-task and communicates with authority.
- Act as a bridge between the mainstream and multicultural teams to help prioritize timing for all photo team projects
- Use good judgement by being able to effectively prioritize and organize deadlines with a high priority for attention to detail
- Proactively anticipate needs of team and manage office time efficiently
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
- Team player – willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the publicity/ media teams in Burbank
- This is an OPEIU Union role
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.