Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Secretary, Publicity (OPEIU)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 644839BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 01, 2019
Job Summary:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Secretary, Publicity (OPEIU) reporting to the Director of Global Publicity WDSMP and Director Multicultural Publicity, WDSMP.
Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Director of Global Publicity WDSMP and the Director, Multicultural Publicity, WDSMP, as follows:
- Calendar and Schedule Management: coordinate travel, long-term planning, manage day-to-day meetings
- Meeting Coordination and Reporting: book conference rooms, issue meeting requests through Outlook, coordinate agenda and other handouts, print items for meetings, send emails, take meeting notes and follow-up with attendees.
- Phones: Field phone calls daily
- Filing: Filing of reference materials, background and overview information, as needed
- Expenses: Preparation of all business-related expenses using CONCUR travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner
- Arrange executive air travel, lodging, ground transportation and other travel logistics
- Arrange press travel for set visits, long lead days, junkets, etc., and arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries and compile documents and budgets for travel-related meetings
- Manage materials for media team: image.net needs, press releases, sending out images/materials as needed to press
- Coordinate LA screenings: books screening room, sends staffing inquiry, circulates upcoming screening memo to team on weekly basis, manages RSVPS from inbox and publicists, sends confirmations from publicity outbox, arranges parking for guests and also works screenings
- Coordinate administrative tasks for team such as book team meetings, order supplies (including kitchen supplies), and processing invoices
- Press List Management: to include email blast list, junket lists, all media lists, premiere lists, etc.
- Press Breaks: Distributes media and multicultural press breaks to the appropriate distro lists.
- Reporting: Helps to update reports for the team to include, status reports, preview charts, Riley, campaign highlights summary reports, media value charts and enters daily breaks into master publicity report
- Multicultural agency coordination: liaises with agencies for daily breaks, master report updates and campaign highlight reports, and distributes media assets/blasts to agencies
- Internal Distribution and Circulation:
- Circulates premiere blasts photos following red carpets the next day
- Collates and circulates coverage recaps following premieres, events, debuts, etc. in a timely manner
- See screenings above
- Publications: manages all of the publications for the department, circulating and ordering magazines / newspapers
- Email Account Management: Manage general Walt Disney Studios Publicity and Walt Disney Studios Event RSVP email accounts
- Work press events such as premieres, junkets and long lead days.
- Supports departmental projects, as needed
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally, works exceptionally well with executives, staff, and external associates and visitors at all levels.
- Ability to tactfully manage the teams’ time, multi-task and communicates with authority.
- Act as a bridge between the mainstream and multicultural teams to help prioritize timing for all media projects
- Use good judgement by being able to effectively prioritize and organize deadlines
- Proactively anticipate needs of team and manage office time efficiently
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Team player – willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the media and multicultural teams in Burbank
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.