Sr. Penetration Testing Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 861800BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
Job Summary:The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives.
GIS teams and positions are located at Disney Hubs: Seattle, WA, Burbank, CA, Orlando, FL and NYC, NY.
The Walt Disney Global Information Security - Assurance Services Pen Testing Team provides a range of solutions to evaluate applications and infrastructure security across TWDC. By simulating an attack from malicious threats, pen testers aim to exploit weaknesses such as improper configurations and hardware and software flaws in order to point out findings that could be exploited in a potential real-world attack.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. We look to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, are passionate about information security and love their work.
Responsibilities:The Walt Disney Global Information Security - Assurance Services Team’s mission is to deliver expert-level, real world penetration testing to gauge security and privacy controls across The Walt Disney Company. Further, our mission is to build and deliver services, solutions and processes that enable security defects to be found, fixed or avoided before applications are released to production.
We are looking for a candidate who, at a minimum, possesses deep knowledge of web application security assessment skills and also seeks opportunities for their experience and skills to be applied beyond myopic penetration testing activities. If you seek an opportunity to work with some of the sharpest professionals in the field and play a larger role in driving solutions to improve application security at one of the most innovative and advanced technological entertainment companies in the world, then this position might be for you.
• In-depth knowledge of networking protocols and systems administration
• Expert level web application, API’s and network penetration testing skills
• Familiar with penetration testing applications in the major cloud providers
• Experience customizing/developing in-house scripts and tooling
• Penetration Testing Execution Standard Automation Framework (PTES)
• Experience working with assessments tools/frameworks OWASP ZAP, Burp Suite, NMAP, Mass Scan, Nessus, Metasploit, Mimikatz, Tenable IO, Qualys, Kali Linux, SQLMap and manual tools
- 3 years in Information Security Field
- Experience working with one scripting and development languages like Bash, Powershell, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C/C++,C#, or Java
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (Unix/Linux, Windows, and Mac)
- GPEN - GIAC Penetration Tester
- 5 years in Information Security Field
- Expert level working with multiple scripting and development languages like Bash, Powershell, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C/C++,C#, or Java
- Creation of custom testing tools and frameworks.
One of the following:
- OSCP - Offensive Security Certified
- OSWE - Offensive Security Web Expert
- GXPN - Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration
- OSED – Exploit Developer
- OSEP – Experienced pen tester
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.