Sr. Security Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 958719BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Global Information Security (GIS) Group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies/standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
Come join us, as we build a one of a kind service offering within GIS! The Enterprise SOAR team is a newly established group that delivers SOAR platform as a service and automation playbook development support. This team works cross functionally to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our cyber security customers by building custom automation and orchestration workflows based on customer requirements. Currently this service is delivered with contractor resources, but we are in-sourcing these roles as the service is becoming a critical part of cyber security delivery at TWDC. In this role, you will have access to a wide array of enterprise technology and cyber security APIs, and you will have a significant impact across GIS, using your creativity and technical knowledge of cyber security operations to provide new, innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Leveraging a Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) platform to build automation workflows to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our customers
- Collaborating with technical teams across multiple cyber security functions to develop and implement automations based on gathered technical requirements
- Building automated solutions for ingesting, compiling, converting, and outputting data of various formats
- Writing custom API integration code to add or enhance platform functionality
- Identifying new opportunities for process optimization based on existing automation workflows and manual processes
- Drafting documentation to describe automation processes
- 3-5 years of experience in a SOC, Incident Response, Security Engineering, Software Development, technology integration, or cloud engineering
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with version control software (e.g. GitHub) & issue/project tracking software (e.g. Jira)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: workflow diagramming, playbook/process documentation, and customer consultations
- Experience working on a security automation and orchestration team.
- Experience with cloud architecture, engineering, log analysis, or automation.
- Proficient with PowerShell and Bash
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.