Sr. Security Specialist, Anomaly Detection
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 687015BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 03/07/2019
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
The GIS Anomaly Detection Team is responsible for providing enhanced detection and threat hunting across the Enterprise in order to identify anomalous and malicious behaviors, develop rules for advanced threat detection through automation, and collaborate with Segments to enhance detection across the company.
Responsibilities:The Sr. Security Specialist, Anomaly Detection is responsible for a broad range of responsibilities with the primary focus of hunting for advanced threats that evade automated detection. This professional will hunt for and identify threats, anomalous behaviors and misconfigurations as well as seeking out policy violations of security control measures, identify the presence of questionable devices, discover insecure storage of credentials, evaluate network security posture, and determining internal security vulnerabilities that would allow unauthorized external access or potential “Insider Threat” activity.
The Specialist will understand the network, perform reviews of the overall Cyber Security posture to include current defensive and detection controls, security gaps, subsequent data aggregation to a central repository (SIEM), evaluate best business practices as applied to network security within diverse business segments across the company, and recommend mitigation actions for any findings. The Specialist will work closely with members across the Information Security team, and other internal organizations to ensure findings and recommended remediation are understood. The Specialist will leverage security technologies, attack methodologies, established procedures and industry best practices along with their respective “hunting” experience to improve the defensive posture of the Disney Global Network.
- 6+ years of experience in threat hunting/analysis, network assessments, or penetration testing in large enterprises.
- Experience with Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Basic understanding and experience with program or scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, C#, SQL, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of securing web applications, technology infrastructure, and Internet security (Routers, Firewalls, etc.).
- Experience with multiple operating systems, networking protocols, databases, applications, network appliances and platforms
- Must be familiar with hacker methodologies, incident response procedures and Network Information Security Concepts
- Strong familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK Framework and cyber kill chain.
- Experience operating and leveraging a SIEM.
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response solutions.
- Experience with industry standard forensic and digital analysis tools.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, results driven environment. Ability to rapidly assess a situation and identify, isolate and communicate problems and issues.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral/written) including ability to clearly communicate risks and threats to technologists and business leaders.
- Ability to investigate complex scenarios and solve problems.
- One or more Information Security Certifications preferred (SANS - GMON, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, CISSP, CEH, OSCP)
- Other industry certifications relating to IT and program Management preferred (ITIL, PMP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or appropriate work experience
- BA/BS computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or appropriate work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.