Sr. Security Specialist, Anti Phishing
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 829493BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
Job Summary:The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
The GIS Incident Response team is responsible for tracking, executing and/or ensuring all actions required for responding to any network security threat (direct or indirect) against the company is conducted timely and effectively. This is accomplished in accordance with established procedures, through key collaboration and communication with company business partners enterprise wide, and interfacing with law enforcement agencies, as needed.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
We are looking to add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
Responsibilities:Facilitate the Service Delivery of the Anti-Phishing program
- Independently perform comprehensive investigation, analysis, and response to phishing incidents
- Utilize sound judgement and reasoning to appropriately prioritize efforts
- Contribute to improved detection and correlation of phishing campaigns by building rules and alerting capabilities
- Perform log and/or other analysis to detect malware infection and other security events
- Research emerging threats and related vulnerabilities
- Using appropriate runbooks or other procedures, escalate incidents to relevant partner teams
- Thoroughly document work in a ticketing system
- Develop and drive lessons learned to aid our continuous improvement philosophy within the TWDC Anti-Phishing program
Basic Qualifications:6 months working in an Information / Cyber Security related field
- Ability to break down and communicate technically complex security situations and impacts for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze security events, threats and other related data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general security threats, attack vectors, and vulnerabilities.
- Basic scripting experience (Python, Perl, PowerShell, Yara) .
- Effective communication skills across all organization and technological levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with limited supervision. Candidate should be able to succeed in both independent and collaborative work scenarios.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and logical reasoning to navigate ambiguous situations.
Preferred Qualifications:Experience working with an Anti-phishing program
- Experience in malware and phishing analysis strongly preferred.
- Experience with cyber threat intelligence
- Experience with training or public speaking
- Experience administering a mail system, such as Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, or corporate Gsuite
- Experience with commerical mail security tools, such as Microsoft ATP or Proofpoint
Required EducationHigh School Diploma
Preferred EducationBA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or Information Security preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.