Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack Developer (Project Hire)
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771898BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Connected Experiences/Workforce Technology team creates and maintains web sites for the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) team, which are largely built on WordPress and Laravel. This position will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of this platform and will be a key participant in strategic and architectural planning, working closely alongside the tech resources at Enterprise Technology, the project manager, and the customer. Additionally, this candidate will provide development, strategy, code review, and guidance support for many other D&I projects.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop/code applications and services for Disney’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, and is an expert of every tool, process, and technology (both proprietary and third party) used by the HR Workforce Technology team. They take an active role in liaising with other Project Constituents and contributors, both internal and external, to set and maintain standards and best practices through mentorship, evangelism of standards and best practices, and review and approval of code. The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for the architecture of software internals, efficient and expeditious debugging, and the contribution of code that meets the most stringent standards and expectations of the role: being performant, secure, accessible, well documented, testable, and sustainable.
Please Note: This is a Project Hire (PH) position, projected to last approximately 12-24 months, or until completion of project. This position includes benefits, supporting the Disney HR Strategies & Services team.
- Works closely with solutions architects, project managers, designers, and other Project Constituents to architect, implement, and deliver software solutions according to requirements/specifications
- Interface and engage with third-party vendors as well as key business stakeholders to follow and influence best practices for Software Development within the HR Workforce Technology team
- Performs peer and vendor code reviews for compliance, security, performance, and best practices
- Hands-on, full-stack software development using professional, enterprise class software development tools
- Creates, supports, and maintains build pipelines for the internal enterprise-level platforms, including components, and services
- Defines and writes automated test scenarios for any enhancements or changes to software
- Responsible for developing, enacting, and enforcing documentation, coding, process, and performance standards
- 7+ years’ experience using issue tracking, source control, and CI/CD tools to develop LAMP-based enterprise or commercial software systems
- 5+ years’ experience with React JS
- 2+ years’ experience with LAMP Server-side PHP frameworks (e.g. Laravel, etc.)
- Expert in full stack software development (both frontend and backend technologies), software architecture, virtualization / containerization, web services, automation, WordPress, Laravel, relational database design, systems architecture, system engineering, encryption and security, and many other critical areas.
- Expert in (and team-wide mentor for) numerous in-use technologies including: PHP, Node, ES6, React, Vue.js, Bash Script, Docker, SCSS, Composer, NPM/Yarn, Gulp, Git, Babel, and Webpack
- Expert on feature-rich proprietary Disney systems & services including: AuthZ, Keystone, Unified Messaging, DLR Environmental Services, MyID, OneID, and WDPR Syndication Service
- Creation, maintenance, and modification of Docker images and containers
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or AWS Elastic Container Service
- Expert on creating, maintaining, and working with LAMP stack applications
- Experience with enterprise grade work management systems like JIRA, YouTrack, or Mantis.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Self-managing; self-starter with a high level of initiative; strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Expertise with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience developing high-availability, highly-scalable applications and services.
- Familiarity with sensitive data handling such as COPPA, PCI and PII, Safe Harbor
- Expertise in web accessibility standards/compliance such as Section 508
- Experience with message delivery systems (email, SMS, etc.), proprietary authentication/authorization systems, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with SDLC tools such as JIRA, YouTrack, Jenkins, Github/Gitlab, Confluence, etc.
- 5+ years consulting for customer-facing digital media properties; setting and managing client expectations in a consulting or agency environment.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Single Sign On integration
- 2+ years’ experience with Laravel or other PHP-based MVC framework
- 2+ years’ experience with web performance technologies such as Redis, Varnish, ElastiCache, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.