Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 808601BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jun. 10, 2021
Job Summary:Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. Our Information Services team strives to design and develop solutions, often integrating 3rd party products, to optimize our internal business processes and inform decision making (e.g. Analytics, Production Management, HR, Training and Finance).
A Senior Full Stack Software Engineer in Information Services (IS) will be assigned to a variety of projects that will require them to work closely with our stakeholders to understand their workflows/requirements, lead in designing a viable solution, and implement the plan in a timely manner. The IS team focuses primarily on full-stack web technologies, but we strive for the best long term solution regardless of the technology. We are looking for someone who is a flexible leader, has a natural curiosity to continually improve their craft, and enjoys sharing knowledge with the team, including mentoring less experienced software engineers.
- 8+ years of expertise in web development with a solid working knowledge of React, Django, and Python
- Experience working with web technologies like JSON, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience selecting and integrating 3rd party applications and services
- Proven leadership of a team of software engineers to define and meet commitments
- Set a positive example in regards to advancing technical competence and using healthy debate to resolve differences and build consensus
- Deep partnership and empathy with stakeholders to gain understanding of workflows and requirements
- Deliver detailed updates and statuses on specific bugs, features, or tasks within a project.
Bonus QualificationsExperience with one or more of these are a bonus:
- Experience with developing for and deploying in cloud-native infrastructure like AWS, GCP, etc
- Experience with securing web applications and services with modern authentication and authorization principles such as SSO and OAuth 2.0
- Familiar with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Experience building a data pipeline using a cloud-native infrastructure
- Experience with analytical tools like Tableau, R/R Studio
- Experience with designing scalable solutions for data science and analytic needs
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.