Sr. Software Engineer (Infrastructure)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 970398BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Build solutions for problems of sizable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users
- Champions Infrastructure as Code (IaC); provides thought leadership; establishes enterprise-level infrastructure patterns.
- Builds and enhances Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Regularly reviews existing systems, policies, and practices, while identifying solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency, and enhance the current environment.
- Mentors less experienced software engineers. Collaborates with product engineering leaders to find innovative solutions for moderately complex problems.
- Writes code that establishes and enhances frameworks, typically for software programs and systems that have little or no precedent.
- Reviews code for the design, testability and clear usability
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes
- Builds solutions that scale and perform
- Participates in project proposal, architecture and design. Contributes to architecture design and implementation of assigned projects and may lead in the effort.
- Oversees technical maintenance. Performs troubleshooting for systems that tend to be large and highly complex.
- Design, development, documentation and/or testing.
- Applies experience to resolve a variety of complex issues
- Decisions and actions regularly have a moderate influence on the work of team members, other teams or assigned projects
- Identifies problems and opportunities and recommends the development of solutions
- Typically owns software programs and multiple components within the team
- Serves as a high level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced software engineers
- Makes routine and non-routine decisions on technical issues, with limited guidance from leader
- 5+ or more years of experience in software engineering, SRE, or DevOps roles
- Intermediate to advanced coding experience with the one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Go
- You should know Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code
- Advanced Experience with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, ECS, EKS, IAM, S3, etc
- Expertise in configuring, deploying, tuning, and supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms
- Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
- Experience with web caching and load balancing technologies such as HAProxy, Cloudfront, Varnish, and Nginx
- Detailed knowledge of core internet and networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Proficient working with Terraform, Ansible, or other configuration management tools
- Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN)
- Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
- Experience integrating with CI/CD platforms and tool chains such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Gitlab
- Experience applying security best practices to application, system, and public cloud infrastructure
- Experience integrating with commercial and open source monitoring and telemetry platforms
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.