Sr. Software Engineer - MacOS/iOS ToolsApply NowApply Later Job ID 880112BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jun. 22, 2022
We are looking for an engineer to join our Story & Editorial Tools team, targeting moving data in and out of Editorial. This engineer will partner closely with editors, artists, technical directors, and fellow team members to innovate the way our Story and Editorial teams work using a variety of technologies. Besides supporting our internal teams, this engineer will collaborate with other divisions at The Walt Disney Studios who also leverage our tools and technology. Exemplary communication skills, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities will be paramount to the success of this role.
- Develop applications and workflows for managing movie script lines and audio files that are recorded during a voice talent recording session.
- Develop applications and API’s that interface with the AVID Media Composer using AAF and OTIO.
- Develop and support StoryPad, our iPad-based storyboarding tool. This may include modifications to Meander, our Academy Award-winning drawing software.
- Develop and Support Raconteur, our primary, macOS native, storyboarding application.
- Our engineers get the opportunity to work on the full stack of our tools, from developing the underlying algorithms through building intuitive artist-friendly interfaces.
- Work hand in hand with artists to make the tools we need for the incredibly complex and rich characters and environments featured in our movies.
- Develop on top of a highly performant, extendable in-house application framework.
- Develop new artist-centric interaction models using the latest hardware and technologies.
- Proficiency in C++ (or Objective-C)
- Deep knowledge of macOS development, specifically the frameworks used within
- Proficiency in Swift
- Proficiency with a SQL Database such as Postgres
- The ability to quickly produce clear, testable code, with excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members across different disciplines, including directly interfacing with stakeholders to understand requirements
- Exemplary communication, teamwork, prioritization, and problem-solving skills, balancing the timeliness of solutions with their sustainability
- An understanding of Editorial processes and workflows used in filmmaking, including prior work with AVID Media Composer
- Familiarity with the AAF format and/or use of OpenTimelineIO
- Python Experience
- Masters in Computer Science
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.