Sr Software Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774083BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
Job Summary:As a member of Media Engineering PSE Integration team, you will apply your knowledge, skills and experience that will help us to build highly scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant microservices to integrate media engineering systems and products. These systems are critical to on-air linear and non-linear delivery of media for all broadcast network/brands in the Disney portfolio.
- You will have strong foundation in software development, integration patterns, distributed systems and cloud computing.
- You will participate in Agile (scrum and kanban) ceremonies on an ongoing basis and perform work through Agile practices.
- You will craft software for backend systems using java, spring boot, spring cloud and more.
- You will be highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- You will work with a team of engineers, and SRE's building software in a collaborative development process.
- You will collaborate with product tech leads to understand requirements to define scope and estimate level of effort.
- You will make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, scaling distributed applications.
- You will produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration (CI).
- You will develop reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in backend engineering/data engineering using java, spring boot, spring cloud.
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong messaging systems background on technologies such as ActiveMQ/Kafka/AWS SQS.
- Good understanding of workflow orchestration, business process management, and data integration concepts.
- Strong analytical skills
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Good knowledge of CI/CD best practices, and GitLab CI/CD.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with databases, both relational and/or non-relational databases.
- Experience working with AWS cloud platform.
- Experience working with cache technologies.
- Experience with Kafka, kinesis or other messaging systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major
Additional Information:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.