Lead Network Engineer (MPLS focus)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 726724BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 26/11/2019
Job Summary:As part of the Studios Technology team, you’ll be joining a group of technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in a fast paced environment. The Network Engineering team is responsible for architecture, design and delivery of advanced data network services for the Walt Disney Studios. In this role, you will be expected to demonstrate leadership and strong collaboration skills in working with various engineering teams (systems, storage, production, and software development engineers) to deliver and maintain a large scale network infrastructure. To be successful in this role, you will need strong analytical and organization skills in order to adapt to a dynamic project based environment where multiple projects will be in flight simultaneously. You will be expected to develop clear documentation and procedures, design and implement new technologies, revamp legacy infrastructures, and sustain mission-critical network infrastructure. This position provides the opportunity to work on multi-vendor networks, next-generation computing and networking platforms, and industry-defining media transport and collaboration technologies.
- Day-to-day operational support of network infrastructure and services
- Partner with various teams in building out and operating core infrastructure
- Responsible for planning, execution and success of large scale technical projects (i.e. automating film production networks, new data center build outs, etc.)
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies
- Develop technology standards and network deployment templates
- Minimum of 12 years in the engineering and operations of network technologies
- Strong knowledge with MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, OSPF, RSVP-TE, LDP, VPLS, MPLS L3VPNs, EVPNs, VxLAN and SDN
- Experience of JunOS, IOS, EOS, Aruba OS and PAN-OS
- Strong Private and Public Cloud design and implementation experience
- Working knowledge of CWDM, DWDM and optical networking technologies
- Experience working with load balancing platforms, including A10, Citrix, and F5 Networks
- Hands-on experience with security infrastructure and infrastructure services, including 802.1X, NAC, cryptography, IPSEC, deep-inspection firewalls, intrusion and threat protection platforms, AAA, RADIUS, DNS, NTP, monitoring, and logging
- Infrastructure automation experience (Ansible, Python, Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with cloud networking infrastructure technologies, including IP fabrics, VXLAN, SDN, NFV, OpenFlow, OpenShift and working with API-driven infrastructure
- Working knowledge of supporting and managing Linux systems
- Networked storage technologies, including SMB/CIFS, NFS, GPFS, and object store
- High-performance I/O technologies, including fiber channel and Infiniband
- Experience with Agile and Scrum principles and practices
- Knowledge of the film making process, from pre-production through distribution
- BS in Computer Science, Distributed Systems or Electric Engineering
- Professional and expert level industry Network Certifications (e.g. JNCIP/JNCIE, CCNP/CCIE, PCNSA/PCNSE, ACE)
- Professional and expert level industry Cloud Certifications (Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions, Microsoft Azure Architect Design, AWS Advanced Networking, AWS Security, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Studios, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.