Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Content Security
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 788295BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
The Walt Disney Studios includes Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, 20th Century Studio, Searchlight, Walt Disney Pictures, and Marvel Studios. The Content Security team supports these banners in protecting content creation through effective problem-solving, authentic partnerships, and technical expertise. Our team drives towards goals that include: a. fostering a culture of content security b. eliminating the risk of content leaks and c. tailoring security solutions to meet our partners’ needs. Our clients are the Studios and we assess the applications, vendors, and sites that the banners use to create their world-class content. We are recruiting for a seasoned software engineer for a greenfield project focused on developing a new platform for data aggregation and analysis.
- You have a proven track record of serving as a technical lead for the architecture and development of mission critical systems
- You possess strong analytical and reasoning skills and your ability to visualize processes and outcomes allows you to play an integral role in product’s design and development
- An exceptional communicator, you view a chance to directly interact with a client as an opportunity rather than a burden You have a passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Confident in your knowledge, you are unafraid to voice your informed opinion or offer an alternative solution
- You have demonstrated a proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging issues across both homebrew and enterprise software solutions, and are undeterred by the level of challenge
- Introspective, you are always ready to receive and absorb feedback. Whether it comes in the form of praise or constructive criticism, you understand its value and treat it as a gift.
- Full stack ownership, with responsibilities around product architecture, design, and implementation
- Providing operational support of developed solutions as well as architecture and implementation of new workflows
- Modifying existing software applications including investigating and addressing requirements for integrating with a variety of services and tools
- Working with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Data Engineers, Application and Cloud Security professionals, and others to bring things together
- Collaborating directly with Creatives in implementing a vision of secure workflows through the Production process
- 6+ Years of Experience architecting and developing distributed / scalable systems.
- Expertise in API orchestration/aggregation
- Expertise in working with data aggregation and data analytics systems and services
- Knowledge of cloud solution architecture(s) and the advantages and disadvantages between solutions.
- Working knowledge of cloud data warehouse products such as Redshift, Snowflake and Databricks
- Experience with architecture, interfaces, and tooling focused on reporting and near real-time monitoring
- Software development experience in a professional setting and fluency with Golang, Python or JAVA (Python preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- History of taking multiple projects from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Collaborate with team and peers to design complex applications, peer review code, and suggest optimization.
- Create reference implementations for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or information science
- Master's in IT Management, Information Security or an MBA a plus.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.