Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Content Security
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 788295BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
The Walt Disney Studios includes Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, 20th Century Studio, Searchlight, Walt Disney Pictures, and Marvel Studios. The Content Security team supports these banners in protecting content creation through effective problem-solving, authentic partnerships, and technical expertise. Our team drives towards goals that include: a. fostering a culture of content security b. eliminating the risk of content leaks and c. tailoring security solutions to meet our partners’ needs. Our clients are the Studios and we assess the applications, vendors, and sites that the banners use to create their world-class content.
- You are a security focused software developer
- You are a strong individual contributor who values teamwork and understands the gains of collaboration
- You possess strong analytical and reasoning skills and your ability to visualise processes and outcomes allows you to play an integral role in product’s design and development
- An exceptional communicator, you view a chance to directly interact with a client as an opportunity rather than a burden You have a passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Confident in your knowledge, you are unafraid to voice your informed opinion or offer an alternative solution
- You have demonstrated a proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging issues across both homebrew and enterprise software solutions, and are undeterred by the level of challenge
- Introspective, you are always ready to receive and absorb feedback. Whether it comes in the form of praise or constructive criticism, you understand its value and treat it as a gift.
- Full stack ownership, with responsibilities around product architecture, design, and implementation
- Providing operational support of developed solutions as well as architecture and implementation of new workflows
- Modifying existing software applications including investigating and addressing requirements for integrating with a variety of services and tools
- Using design documentation and flowcharts to illustrate what needs to happen
- Working with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Data Engineers, Application and Cloud Security professionals, and others to bring things together
- Writing training manuals
- Collaborating directly with Creatives in implementing a vision of secure workflows through the Production process
- 7+ Years of Experience in a security related focus such as cybersecurity, content security, content protection, or equivalent.
- Expertise in API orchestration/aggregation
- Expertise in at least 2 of the following
- Design, Development, and Deployment of custom security solutions
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Log Analysis
- Big Data
- 5+ years experience in development of distributed/scalable systems
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge in the following areas:
- Object oriented code
- CSS methodologies and Responsive design
- Security and performance of web applications
- Cross browser development
- Knowledge of cloud solution architecture(s) and the advantages and disadvantages between solutions
- Experience with architecture, interfaces, and tooling focused on reporting and near real-time monitoring
- Multiple coding language proficiency with fluency in at least one of the following:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- History of taking multiple projects from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Collaborate with team and peers to design complex applications, peer review code, and suggest optimization.
- Create reference implementations for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or information science
- Master's in IT Management, Information Security or an MBA a plus.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.