Sr. Systems Administrator- Data CenterApply NowApply Later Job ID 10053416 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jul. 31, 2023
The Senior Systems Administrator role works to assure smooth operation of the WDAS Data Center, and related areas. This role will assist in planning deployment, installation, administration and maintenance of all systems, including servers, storage & render hardware, backup systems and other complex systems that provide foundational services for the Studio.
The Senior Systems Administrator will collaborate with other technology teams and support staff to address challenges, help to plan projects throughout the year, and to identify long-term technical goals.
● Acquire and maintain advanced knowledge of the WDAS Data Center, including all devices, servers, storage nodes/clusters, render hardware, etc.
● Work with team members to schedule and perform necessary maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting of all systems in the Data Center and related areas.
● Assist in execution of installation projects, including large replacements/expansions of equipment.
● Help to inform annual budget decisions for general Data Center purchases, new technologies, maintenance, etc.
● Help to maintain runbooks of all Data Center processes and protocols, including a detailed service-loss recovery plan.
● Support backup, disaster recovery, and archive processes for critical data.
● Develop and operate procedures for migrating large volumes of data between storage clusters.
● Document and report on various storage metrics.
● Develop and operate procedures to track inventory of systems, system components, data center related systems and tools.
● Minimum 2 years experience in enterprise computer room administration
● Strong knowledge and experience with Linux & Macintosh operating systems
● Familiarity with Windows administration.
● Familiarity with common scale-out/high performance storage systems, such as Isilon, Qumulo, NetApp
Familiarity with virtual computing environments, such as VMware, KVM, Kubernetes, Docker, etc
● Basic understanding of computer room system design, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, monitoring, and security procedures.
● Familiarity with common backup technologies and products, such as NetBackup and Bareos, Quantum, LTO.
● Basic understanding of network technology and communication principles
● Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
● Configuration of administration of issue tracking systems such as RT or Jira
● Experience with CG Animation, Visual Effects, or Video Game production environments
● Familiarity with systems tools and protocols (e.g. SNMP, OpenView, Nagios, iperf, Zabbix)
● Basic scripting skills
● College degree or other degree related to Information Technology, Computer Systems or relevant work experience
The hiring range for this position in California is $93,398.00-$125,290.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Disney Animation continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to our 62nd animated feature, Wish, releasing November 2023. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Encanto.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.