Sr Systems Reliability EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597279BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 03, 2018
Job Summary:At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct to consumer mobile applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We’re looking for passionate engineers who love learning new technologies at a rapid pace. You should be intimately familiar with large scale data center infrastructure as well as cloud environments, and as comfortable in the shell as you are in an IDE. Lean, agile, self-sufficient teams is how we operate. We value a cloud first approach where we develop infrastructure-as-code. Automation should always do the work. You will be a part of the team that provides cutting edge cloud, systems, and infrastructure-as-code for every Disney Studios engineering team.
Your passion for engineering systems is visible to your team, stakeholders and in everything you and your team delivers. You take engineering for the business seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
- A master problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it’s product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
- Goal oriented. You develop and actualize vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect business and technology strategies to the software you deliver and can easily articulate the value created.
- Architect, build, and operate high-quality systems
- Design systems to enable rapid development, high availability, and clear observability
- Maintain, and improve, the reliability and operability of services
- Write tools, and leverage open source, to automate tasks with an emphasis on safety and repeatability
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and reliability issues across the stack, including cloud resources
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure services are designed to be cloud-native, scalable, and easily operated
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices
- Create self-healing infrastructure-as-Code, and automate everything
- Ensure security best practice is at the forefront is embedded in our DNA of all your design
- Experience working in media production environments
- Experience writing software on, or operating, Linux platforms
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of innovative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in Cloud/IaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Strong knowledge in system management languages (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Operating systems and systems management (e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows)
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, Ruby, or Swift)
- Authentication tool-sets such as Active Directory, LDAP, Ping Identity
- Local and Networked File Systems (e.g. SMB, SMBv3, NFS, CIFS)
- Client operation systems and configuration management tools
- Server and client backup technologies, and image management
- Virtual hosting technologies (e.g. VMWare, KVM)
- Data center, network, and application architectures
- High performance data storage solutions whether SAN, NAS, or Clustered (e.g. Isilon)
- Systems Security (e.g. key management, encryption, vulnerability management)
- Containerization and Container PaaS offerings (e.g. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Strong experience in developing monitoring, measurements, and tuning systems for optimal performance and 24/7 reliability
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Passion to exploit technology and constantly learn
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.