Sr. Systems Support Engineer (MDM)
Burbank, California, United States / Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 909183BR Location Burbank, California, United States / Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Enterprise Application & Data Platform Operations group is part of the End User Technical Operations (EUTO) organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automaton.
This role is in the Data Platform and Integration Team. We are responsible to provide day to day management and oversight of the technologies / services supporting numerous data & integration platforms across the Enterprise. The team is also responsible for data analytics domains including financial, HCM, Legal, Tax, and Intellectual Property. There are 4 distinct areas within the group, Master Data Maintenance (MDM), Data Integration, Data Warehouse, and Data Lakes on cloud-based and on-prem platforms.
We look to add team members who are focused on delivery, passionate about customer service, make data-driven decisions, are life-long learners, and prefer to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
Responsibilities:The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, strong relationships skills, application development expertise and the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally.
Specifically, this role will work with technology partners, users and business stakeholders to provide MDM solutions and Services for Disney’s Character, Title, Product, Licensee, and Reference Master Data.
The Sr. System Support Engineer will provide day to day leadership and oversight of the technologies / services supporting end to end solutions for Master Data Management: Data ingestion, cleansing, mastering, publishing, and reporting.
These technologies include:
- SAP HANA Sidecar (TORCH)
- Informatica ETL
- Informatica MDM
- EDH (Google PubSub)
- HANA XSJS
- JAVA Scripts/JQUERY
- Deep Technical expertise in the respective application platform/service
- Experience participating in the full range of development activities (including but not limited to: code deployment, load/performance testing, integration testing)
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Business acumen, with deep expertise in the allocated domain(s) as well as strong skills in the technology that supports the domain(s)
- Very detail oriented
- High emotional intelligence
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Experience with application monitoring technologies; New Relic, DataDog, Synthetic Transactions
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Exemplary communications skills
- Current understanding of new/emerging technology and its application in business
- Participate in on-call schedule or rotations (where applicable)
- 5-7 years across Data Warehousing, Data Integration and/or MDM technologies
- 1 year of SAP HANA, HANA XSJS
- 3-5 year of UX development
- 3-5 years in IT operational/production support environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- 5-7 years of Informatica PowerCenter, MDM, and Data Quality
- 5-7 years in Data Platforms: DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
- 3-5 year of UX development in Java, JQuery, Angular
- Agile Development Methodology
- Data Domains knowledge: Product, Reference
- Demonstrated strong stakeholder communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Pubsub
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence without authority
- Master Degree or equivalent work experience
- PMI, Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years working within a large, multi-supplier, global IT environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- PMI, Certified Scrum Master
- Advanced technical certifications relevant to the post are preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.